Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: MIFI Alternative

@newbie- you have 7 posts and most have been spent arguing and bickering or flaming.you were just warned one post back which i am sure you read.
    what difference does it make if you think someone here has done wrong on ebay? we have nothing to do with ebay and cannot control anything that happens on that site,so stop using our forum as a ebay complaint forum for your bitching and moaning.

instead why dont you post something useful that will benefit our members and stop with your big production of hate for another member that has nothing to do with wireless anything. this is your second and last warning to clean up the subject matter your posts consist of.

just let it go,the forum is big enough for all of us
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Not taking any sides but i thought speeds varied by location. Im no expert but my incredible that i rooted and installed wifi tether gets up 2500 kbs in certain areas around my area, but i usually average about 500kbs-1300kbs. but if you guys say that a custom kernal will increase my speeds well im all for that if someone is will to point me in the right direction on how to do it ill get it done and report back thanks

Newb

Rich, you must look at who was bashing/flaming who. Look at posts #27 and 29 where he says the incredible that "other" flashers use are slow as dirt and only his android phones are faster than the mifis. Now who is bashing who first? I was just countering his claim that his devices aren't any better than "other" flashers. Just like most all his YouTube videos, he is the one that's doing the bashing/flaming.
    Last edited by newbie; 09-03-2013 at 04:57 AM.

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by richdarula View Post
    Not taking any sides but i thought speeds varied by location. Im no expert but my incredible that i rooted and installed wifi tether gets up 2500 kbs in certain areas around my area, but i usually average about 500kbs-1300kbs. but if you guys say that a custom kernal will increase my speeds well im all for that if someone is will to point me in the right direction on how to do it ill get it done and report back thanks
    There is no magical kernel that will make your incredible increase speed. He says that he gets 600-1400kbps which is about the same as you are getting and in some cases you get 2500kbps. I too get about the same speeds and that is the same as what I was getting with 2200 and 4510L. Try this for me, use the native 3G mobile hotspot app on your incredible and see if it's slower than the wifi tether app. Now that I think about it, that magical kernel might just be already built-in to the wifi tether app, LOL. If you really want to test the difference in the speed between the native hotspot app and wifi tether app, try it on LG Vortex. It is much faster with the wifi tether app. So there you go, that's the magical custom kernel.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Quote Originally Posted by newbie View Post
    There is no magical kernel that will make your incredible increase speed. He says that he gets 600-1400kbps which is about the same as you are getting and in some cases you get 2500kbps. I too get about the same speeds and that is the same as what I was getting with 2200 and 4510L. Try this for me, use the native 3G mobile hotspot app on your incredible and see if it's slower than the wifi tether app. Now that I think about it, that magical kernel might just be already built-in to the wifi tether app, LOL. If you really want to test the difference in the speed between the native hotspot app and wifi tether app, try it on LG Vortex. It is much faster with the wifi tether app. So there you go, that's the magical custom kernel.
    this post is fine because its not a personal attack,its really not that hard to understand how this works.if you cant understand how this works you might as well give up wireless technology.

Quote Originally Posted by newbie View Post
    Rich, you must look at who was bashing/flaming who. Look at posts #27 and 29 where he says the incredible that "other" flashers use are slow as dirt and only his android phones are faster than the mifis. Now who is bashing who first? I was just countering his claim that his devices aren't any better than "other" flashers. Just like most all his YouTube videos, he is the one that's doing the bashing/flaming.

here is the thing,bickering and argument is what will always be in forums,but you make it personal and more of an attack on ones person,this is not acceptable,if what you say is true back it up with proof until then its just an attack or a "flame".

when we look at your posts and his,he has many more posts than you and he spends some time helping people here,you,not so much.right now you have 9 posts, 5 of which are spend bashing the dude,wouldnt be right for me to just go ban him because you say his method of stealing data is any worse or better than yours now would it?
    if he ripped you off personally then we want to protect our community and let them know,but he didnt do that and alot of people have come forward to say thanks to him for help with mifi and some other devices.
    the fact is, and i know this from experience"you cant make all the people happy all the time"its a fact!
    just dont make it personal unless you can back it up or you will end up getting banned. you can attack his flashing method all you want or until it gets run into the ground like this and a mod or admin stops it again but leave out your personal opinion of the dude.
    now i cant put it into words any better than that,so i hope you understand what i am saying because i am not wasting one more minute on this subject,i have much more important things to deal with right now, i dont think any of our other staff will be so tolerant of this subject.
    you are welcome here but lets get your post count up and better yet your post subject up which will boost your rep and give more credibility,thats how forums work man...
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Hi -- bakenast says above "just learn to flash toverizon pp and if data goes out just get new keys with ...."
    I am not a pro, just someone who would love to learn more about flashing. I've flashed a Verizon UM175 modem to Verizon 3G prepaid using a Samsung Gusto 2 phone. It's been working well with low use, but moderate use in the past week. I have been searching and wonder if someone can help me. I know how to flash the modem (or mifi) initially, but wonder how to reflash in case my modem gets shut off. Thanks for any tips, anyone.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast