Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Founding Member

Default Iphone 4 6.1.3 question about semi tether

I have been searching all over for a month now. Nope, I am not a newbie, so don't be mislead by my post count. I am actually one of the founding members of this forum.

Now my problem... I have been able to get the Sprint Iphone 4 with 6.1.3 onto Selectel with no problem and have talk text mms and internet. The problem is when the phone is shut off or the battery dies I have to do a tethered boot. Which is no big deal to me but might be for a customer.

I have seen bs search results about the untethered 6.1.3 and that is exactly that, bs. I have seen several about the semi untethered but none have worked for me. I am almost tempted to just hold onto these phones until Apple comes out with the IOS 7 and see if the experts actually then release an untethered jailbreak for the 6.1.3. Until then, does anyone actually know the work around for this or I am I screwed? lol

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: Iphone 4 6.1.3 question about semi tether

untethered will be out after public release of ios7,word is there will be a couple more betas for 7 where in the past its been 5 then public release. anyway here is vid proof it is working already.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

good to see you here smit
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

If you have the phone on the carrier you want, it's my understanding that you can then just do an itunes restore of 6.1.3 and the carrier (well, the prl at least) will stay. No jailbreak, but no tethered reboot necessary either. Haven't actually tried it yet, so sorry if the info's incorrect.

Newb

There is no untethered jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3 or iOS 7 yet that I know of that's publically available. The restore will update your phone to iOS 7.0.2 and you will still be flashed with talk text and data. no MMS of course because no APN settings without jailbreak. That's what I do with all my customers. (MAKE SURE YOU OTA THE PHONE BEFORE RESTORING or the PRL may not stick and you'll be screwed.) I've flashed a phone, verified that the PRL was there and restored without OTA and it went back to sprint. So even if you flashing for a customer to activate later on, OTA it with a dummy number
    Last edited by Jonathan White; 10-03-2013 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Clarification

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

be sure of what your posting friend because there is an untether for 6.1.3,6.1.4,ios7 ect. and a partial release is out already,the full release will be out soon.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

what's a partial release?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast