Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Newb

Default Full guide to activate Reliance number on iphone 4 cdma, (cydia method)

i made this guide from other tutorials from the valuable members here and other forums,

im just trying to making it easier by my experiance, credits to the original posters and post members, thanks to them all over various forums and websites,

this is the guide for iphone 4 cdma, locked to verizon or sprint, and let it work with reliance cdma, reliance prl file, (google will give u)

Things u need, iphone 4 cdma jailbroken(mine was 6.0.1), existing reliance cdma number, reliance prl file,

NOTE:
    Only people with basic knowledge abt jailbreak and iphone can do all this, others pls find someone who can do all this for you>

Step one: obtain MIN number of ur reliance number. from relaince webworld, (not an ec job they wont give it to customers usually) or if u can arrange a UIM based nokia cdma handset u will get the MIN number, google it for further details,

Step two : after getting MIN , register ur iphone's MEID to reliance, costs around Rs 500, various members here are doing it, check for them, they will register ur MEID to relaince and they will give u AKEY number,

Step three : Once u finish register the MEID and getting AKEY proceed to jailbreak the iphone and add commcentre and cricket carrier bundle from cydia, there r various cydia repo sourse u will get for adding the correct commcentre and cricket carrier bundle, repos like easyflashstudio and ............ repo,

Step four : Swap your reliance cdma number to iphone, reliance mdn to iphone meid, this can be done through reliance webworld for free , they will ask for id card copy of ur existing reliance number,

Step five : Manualy flash NAM. dial ##2539 enter AKEY number, then dial ##626 enter spc 000000, then enter ur existing reliance number(MDN), then enter MIN , done for now,

Step six : this is a long and tricky process

go to iphone jailbreaked filesystem, through softwares like ifunbox or iphonebrowser,

go to settings>library>carrierbundle>iphone>cricket carrier bundle folder,
    cricket carrier bundle folder name may differ it myt be like cricket ftt bundle or cricket apleflahser bundle,(make sure its not cricket us folder its not cracked folder its just a default folder, we need patched folder)

go to that folder and edit carrier.plist file, there is a string called key>PrlPushFlag</key> <false/> edit it as true. like key>PrlPushFlag</key>
    <true/> and save the file ,

now delete carrier.prl file

rename reliance prl file to carrier.prl and paste it to same folder, restart phone,

again goto settings>library>carrierbundle>iphone>cricket carrier bundle folder, find carrier.plist file which we edited earlier, re edit it,
    means like this, true to false >PrlPushFlag</key>
    <false/>
    save it, restart phone, done,

now your phone will work with ur reliance number, do all the steps carefully, every folder and file part is so specific, google if u need any files,

and note that by this method only text and call will work, no data 1x or 3g

for data and 3g, there r many members here doing all those things u can contact them and they will guide u abt payment and all,

happy unlocking guys,
    Last edited by spsale; 07-31-2013 at 02:50 PM.

Newb

Default Re: Full guide to activate Reliance number on iphone 4 cdma, (cydia method)

awesome bro, mazaa a gaya

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: Full guide to activate Reliance number on iphone 4 cdma, (cydia method)

@spsale
    i am sure everyone here appreciates your reposting this,but if you are going to post a guide you need to make sure it is correct,yours is not.
    the paths you list do not exist in any iphone os and can only lead to failure,also when you write your paths make them like the actual path in the os so you dont confuse the reader,such as-- you have "go to settings>library>carrierbundle>iphone>cricket carrier bundle folder"
    when the path is wrong and the format should be -- /system/library/carrier bundles/iphone/
    please edit your post accordingly and double check to make sure you have everything written correctly,we do not want to have any guides that do not work here in the forum and alot of people that will be reading/using this will be modding there phones for the first time and not know to correctly navigate to the proper folder,and possibly screw up there devices due to an incorrect guide.

also it should be stated that this will have the cricket logo installed on your phone not reliance and that if data and mms is desired that you should NOT load that cricket bundle via .deb installer.
    Last edited by rich hathaway; 08-05-2013 at 11:40 AM.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Hi gurus,

I am trying to flash a Verizon iPhone to reliance and it somehow is not taking the prl. It is an iPhone 4 on iOS 6.1.3, with tethered jailbreak with redsnow, cydia installed, using Dfs to reprogram the handset. After reprogram when I read the data, the set shows the correct parameters but still no service. When I read the data from redsnow, the mcc shows 310 instead of 404 and prl says VZW. Even after Dfs, the prl does not seem to be sticking :-(

I even tried loading the reliance prl directly in to the carrier bundle folders but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Anyone know what I could be doing wrong? Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
    Omi