Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Apprentice

Default Mifi 2.2 spc reader help

Ok i got the spc reader from cdma.us, and looking for more people with it for help,,

I got my hand on my fifth computer today and installed like norm then plugged in mifi and it installed drivers,, note it says its installing *novatel generic drivers*, not virgin mobile drivers, idk if thats normal any ways then after its installed i restart computer, open the reader and I run as admin and compatibilty mode for xp... then with the mifi powered off i plug it in and the com port will show up for 15 seconds then dissapear.... on every pc ive tried it on.. Same thing and 4 of these pcs have never had any phone or mifi hooked to them.. ive tried com ports 1 -6

the only thing ive noticed is for me to even get the com port to show up on the reader is if I have the Novatel modem port on the same port as the novatel status port.. and ive tried switching it around and using the application port but it wont read at all with it. ive tried every compatibility mode possible and without compatability mode..

Im using a laptop with windows vista, with no other usb ports being used...

anyone who has this that i havent asked already got any suggestions to get the virgin mobile 2200 mifis dang spc... Thanks

Default Re: Mifi 2.2 spc reader help

While your paypal dispute is still open do you really think it's wise to be asking for support? Come on get real. Smells like a scam!

We tried to offer you support on Sunday, but you wouldn't provide a good number you can have calls on. You may need to rethink things a little, step back take a breath and think and say "I can get this to connect"

What have you done before trying to read with the SPC reader, did you use the free DFS or cdma ws 2.7?
    Is the modem powered off fully before you plug in, it's not in your video you sent me?

For those that might wonder what is going on, the op purchase the spc reader for mifi 2200 from cdma.us, our off site store. He has been unable to connect to read the spc. He has been provided support which is not included in the sale, he has been provided additional files that were not part of the sale, but is running vista, the op was offered support by both me and Will which both of us took time out of day on Sunday to make a conference call with the op only to find out the number the op had given could not take calls. (I took time away from spending with my wife that is in the hospital) OP has refused to give a good number to contact, then OP files paypal claims for not as described but admits he received what was described, then files a dispute for his premium member subscription after 26 days of his 30 day subscription claiming it as not as described.

Apprentice

I agree with all that you just said, yes i tried to read with dfs/2.7 first. BUT I did contact will 2x through phone and took his advice to do the same thing i did a hundred times. I told him I was installing the mifi on a fresh computer that never had any drivers hooked up before not the one in my video, but he insisted i unistall the drivers how could i unistall the novatel drivers if there not even installed yet?? both phone calls had zero effect of helping me,, whitey10tc did provide much support and additional files, but note none of it worked either.. The Spc will not read my mifi... Yes modem is powered off completly i just made that video quick to show what it was doing.... and for the preimium subsription I was informed there were flash guides and mifi flash guides in it,, in the chat box by a admin, is only reason i joined,, when in fact theres absoultly nothing except**mod edit**,, and after i started thinking i thought well I bought 2 products from cdmagurs and neither helped me when i fact wasted about a week on nothing.. so yes I did dispute.. thanks ..lesser note i did cancel my prem subsription dispute...
    Last edited by bakenast; 07-10-2013 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bakenast View Post
    I agree with all that you just said, yes i tried to read with dfs/2.7 first. BUT I did contact will 2x through phone and took his advice to do the same thing i did a hundred times. I told him I was installing the mifi on a fresh computer that never had any drivers hooked up before not the one in my video, but he insisted i unistall the drivers how could i unistall the novatel drivers if there not even installed yet?? both phone calls had zero effect of helping me,, whitey10tc did provide much support and additional files, but note none of it worked either.. The Spc will not read my mifi... Yes modem is powered off completly i just made that video quick to show what it was doing.... and for the preimium subsription I was informed there were flash guides and mifi flash guides in it,, in the chat box by a admin, is only reason i joined,, when in fact theres absoultly nothing except**mod edit**,, and after i started thinking i thought well I bought 2 products from cdmagurs and neither helped me when i fact wasted about a week on nothing.. so yes I did dispute.. thanks ..lesser note i did cancel my prem subsription dispute...
    Because you have escalated to a claim I am closing this thread and saying this. Support will no longer be offered on or off site to you on this matter.

Sellers beware of this buyer. Now I will be the nice guy that I try to be and explain a few things, the first
    I'm not a prick I just don't want to see anyone else waste the time trying to help someone who won't take the help. I took the time out of my day like Will did and you refused the help on Sunday.
    I see that you're still trying to get help with it but escalate to a claim, smells like scamming, maybe not the intent but look at the big picture.

Now onto what the problem maybe,
    User error, driver error, corrupted device, bad hardware port.

Thread closed and any thread you open on this will also be closed.