Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Apprentice

Default EvDo Rev A_EHRPD on Verizon prepaid

If 3G/4G/LTE modem (such as 4510 or 4620) is flashed to $50 Verizon prepaid, will it take an advantage of EvDo Rev A_EHRPD (over EVDo Rev A)? Is EvDo Rev A_EHRPD any better than EVDo Rev A?

In other words, if flashed to $50 Verizon prepaid, will 4620 be any faster than 2200 in Verizon 3g/4G/LTE coverage area?
    Last edited by rybshik; 06-21-2013 at 01:49 PM.

Newb

Default Re: EvDo Rev A_EHRPD on Verizon prepaid

I believe the EvDo Rev A_EHRPD is just for LTE phones to be backwards compatible with the 3g network. Verizon prepaid does not get any 4g or LTE i use a 4510l flashed and i am on Rev A

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

he is right ehrpd was made to allow a smooth fallback from lte to 3g/1x or what is available so on a device that doesnt get lte to begin with how will it know how to handle ehrpd,the answer is...it wont.so dont use it,whether you have the lte modem loaded or not it will only give you problems on any device
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by rich hathaway View Post
    he is right ehrpd was made to allow a smooth fallback from lte to 3g/1x or what is available so on a device that doesnt get lte to begin with how will it know how to handle ehrpd,the answer is...it wont.so dont use it,whether you have the lte modem loaded or not it will only give you problems on any device
    Being within Verizon LTE coverage, I activated Mifi4620 on Verizon, forced it into 3G mode and compared the download speed with a Mifi2200.
    MiFi4620 appears to be 20-40% faster as well as it's ping time is less. In MiFi4620 diagnostics window, it shows "EvDO Rev.Ae" which is "EvDo Rev A_EHRPD", while Mifi2200 is obviously Evdo Rev.A.
    So?
    Last edited by rybshik; 06-21-2013 at 10:09 PM.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by rybshik View Post
    Being within Verizon LTE coverage, I activated Mifi4620 on Verizon, forced it into 3G mode and compared the download speed with a Mifi2200.
    MiFi4620 appears to be 20-40% faster as well as it's ping time is less. In MiFi4620 diagnostics window, it shows "EvDO Rev.Ae" which is "EvDo Rev A_EHRPD", while Mifi2200 is obviously Evdo Rev.A.
    So?
    SO is the 2200 capable of EvDO Rev.Ae? That would be where I would start...

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Quote Originally Posted by rybshik View Post
    So?
    4620 is a lte device 2200 is not,did you not know that? did you not know that the processor in the 4620 (mdm6600) is far superior and renders speeds of 5 to 12 mbps compared to that of the 2200 which renders a speed of 500kbps to 1 mbps......

read my post dude,i said " so on a device that doesnt get lte to begin with how will it know how to handle ehrpd,the answer is...it wont.so dont use it"
    so of course it is going to be faster than the 2200. like i said do not use ehrpd on non lte devices,but sounds like you will anyway.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast