Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newb

Question How do I Flash to Local Provider, and can a doner phone still make and recieve calls

Ok so I am new on here, I have never flashed mifi's before but here is what I have and where I am. I live in Eastern KY. My Local carrier is Appalachian Wireless (Part of VZW Rural America Partner) I have a jetpack 4620l that is supposed to be vzw prepaid, It will not however not connect to the local network which is showing as prepaid roaming partner, I also have 3 Sprint Mifi 4082's one of which I would like to flash to freedom pop (replacing my Overdrive) One to boost mobile, and one on Appalachian or vzw I don't care weather it is the 4082 or the 4620L prepaid. I know App has advance pay and post pay plans for phones so could I use data from mifi and calls and text from the doner phone as long I kept the data off? I thank you for you time and hope to hear back from you, I am just learning about flashing mifi's but have been an xda member for some time and rooted many devices, any assistance is appreciated... I may add this as a advance pay device to my account 5GB data for 29.95 plus calling plan if I go that route I would need the doner for calls. Also for the FreedomPop I would be using the OverDrive has the doner

FreedomPop is a mvno for Sprint and ClearWire - My device with them is a Sierra OverDrive
    Appalachian Wireless is a local Eastern Kentucky CDMA provider 4G LTE VZW Rural America Partner

Apprentice

Default Re: How do I Flash to Local Provider, and can a doner phone still make and recieve ca

ive been looking for guides as well to flash mifi cheapest one i found is 45 bucks online, to flash to verizon, im still looking too

Newb

Default Re: How do I Flash to Local Provider, and can a doner phone still make and recieve ca

You should be able to copy the data profiles from one of your phones and if you disable the data on the phone, you should be able to use to mifi no problem.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by hadez View Post
    You should be able to copy the data profiles from one of your phones and if you disable the data on the phone, you should be able to use to mifi no problem.
    This is the wisest thing said all day.
    and if you disable the data on the phone, you should be able to use to mifi no problem.

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by hadez View Post
    Ok can anybody tell me how to do that and My phone are 4g LTE with the Sim, neither the 4620L nor my Motorola Razr Maxx will run without the Sim card

Is there a generic Flash for the JetPack 4620L? I have already tried just swapping the Sim card and that doesn't work, I guess because the JetPack is defaulted to Verizon.

So will I need a sim reader writer to get the data settings or will CDMA workshop read it through the USB? Really needing lots of help with this I am lost and very new to this area, and the Razr Maxx was App Wireless 1st 4G LTE device launched on their network.

Everything runs through Verizon they even call them when setting the phones up...

Thanks everybody for any help, I don't mind to read just need pointed in the right direction.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kevinreid197 View Post
    Ok can anybody tell me how to do that and My phone are 4g LTE with the Sim, neither the 4620L nor my Motorola Razr Maxx will run without the Sim card

Is there a generic Flash for the JetPack 4620L? I have already tried just swapping the Sim card and that doesn't work, I guess because the JetPack is defaulted to Verizon.

So will I need a sim reader writer to get the data settings or will CDMA workshop read it through the USB? Really needing lots of help with this I am lost and very new to this area, and the Razr Maxx was App Wireless 1st 4G LTE device launched on their network.

Everything runs through Verizon they even call them when setting the phones up...

Thanks everybody for any help, I don't mind to read just need pointed in the right direction.

You guys aren't even in the right forest much less on the right path..........

You can buy a 45.00 guide and that might get you into the the right forest but you still wont be on the right path........

You can do some more research, much of the information you need your only going to find in the members area but that also will only get you so far.....

You can buy a real guide, most start at about 200.00 and then you need the right software to flash it

You can pay someone to flash it for you (buy far the cheapest and easiest option of most guys not looking to make the investment of time and money to get into the flashing business)

Also your flashing the CDMA side of the device forget about the lte card!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast