Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newb

Default connection issues samsung m575

I'm having issues with the Samsung m575 restore. i have a bunch of them but i can only connect three to the computer the rest wont even acknowledge the connection.

The issue i have is connecting the phone to the computer. These phones have internal drivers so when you connect them they download the drivers automatically. But they don't. i have three that i can connect and do anything to. the rest will not connect and with that they will not register as a mass storage device when you insert a sd card and change it to mass storage.

I'ts not my cord I've tried many different cords. the cord does not make a difference. I've used different computers with windows 7/xp but nothing. The ports on the phone are in great condition pretty much brand new phones.

There are two types of software and at first i thought that was the problem. you know one software/firmware sometime has issues. but i'm having the same issues with both soft wares. so i really don't think that's the issues.

so i am open to any ideas comments suggestions that anyone may have.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: connection issues samsung m575

well isnt that a virgin mobile phone? if it is your problem is most likely the ports are not enabled on the ones you cant connect to.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Yes they are virgin mobile. That thought did cross my mind but i haven't been able to find where to enable the port yet.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

well i havnt fooled with that one yet but most the vm phones are ##port# or ##diag#
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Yeah its ##port# after i posted that i couldn't figure out where it was i realized it. ive used it before on a few other phones. but didnt have time to post back on here. so. here is how it is.

you use ##port#
    enter your msl/spc
    then you have 3 options
    1. UMS- which is your mass storage mode. can connect and use you device as a mass storage device but cant do anything eles to it. you can connect it to the computer, but can NOT connect to cdma.
    2. DM- full access. connect to computer and cdma can flash and change anything you need to.
    3. OFF- can NOT connect the device to anything.

With that, if the phones are already in DM perfect you can get your msl/spc code by connecting to cdma and sending the default password. most likley they are not in dm. If they are not in DM already if they are in UMS or OFF and you need the msl/spc code your in a bit of a dilemma. unless you have a way to get them. other than that, they are like every other basic samsung phone. connect send default password, do your thing.

so there's the Samsung M575.

Newb

Rich Hathaway,

thank you for the help. if im not mistaken your also the guy that put up about the VM510. i have a few of those also ive been playing with them for a while trying a few different things. but put them to the side when i got my samsung m575's. ill get back to those later and try the solution that is posted. im very excited to try it out. VM is for sure one of the most challenging phone out there. again thank you Rich.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast