Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Apprentice

Default Flashed evo probelem

Ok im new to all this flashing stuff but have been reading alot anywayyz,,, i bought this evo 4g off ebay that was flashed to verizon that i was letting my kid use for data and internet everything was working good, but last week the 3g shut off.. soo i contacted someone else online and they reflashed it remotely and it started working again, so i saved all the nv items for backup... now its out again waste of 60 bucks selller wont reply of course.... anyways i tried writeing all the saved nvitems back into phone and i get texts and calls working but the 3 g still out,, and i used the same ha/aaa keys that i saved before, whats am i doing wrong,, should i be able to reactivate it with the nv items i save when it was working?? thanks

BANNED

Default Re: Flashed evo probelem

Hello,

Verizon recently changed the way they handle devices on the basic plans including the 50.00 unlimited. Your over their data speed limits on your 3g device so they have killed data to your phone. If your on the 50 unlimited the fix is easy - switch to NextG for 60 unlimited verizon service and your done. If your on the paygo then you will eather have to move to boost or come to terms with a higher plan.

elisa191

Apprentice

well darn wish seller woulda informed me that lol, if i had all the nv items backedup should it reactivate if i write them to phone again> thanks

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bakenast View Post
    well darn wish seller woulda informed me that lol, if i had all the nv items backedup should it reactivate if i write them to phone again> thanks
    No because the actual data keys change. If it were actually a Verizon prepaid phone it would OTA to the new keys and keep working but being a flashed phone you would have to manually key in the new keys each time so the nvs that you have will only get you talk and text at this point as the data keys will fail.

There are ways to midagate the phones data from getting terminated but I am assuming your son is basically using it for data exclusively and probably excessively.

That type of operation will be difficult on Verizon basic plans henceforth

elisa191

Apprentice

well thats no good... lol is there anyway to get the new ..... keys only haveing the phone that it was flashed too...thankss again,