WOOT
    Unsure who's site this is but ran into a little luck:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Sharing the wealth

Newb

Default Re: QXDM

thnks 4 link nice post

all links dead for qxdm 2.8 can anyone please post a updated link? =)

Newb

I think I am going to have to write some script that reads through a PRL file and generates a QXDM command script to load it properly onto the phone using QXDM 3.x. The new syntax is ugly and really must be machine generated!

BTW - Does anyone know how to read a PRL off the phone using QXDM?

Newb

Default Re: QXDM 3.x pr_list_wr

Ok, as promised, since QXDM 2.08 is really missing and that was the last version with the easy to use pr_list_wr and pr_list_re commands, I have written a Python script which will read a binary PRL file and generate the new-style QXDM 3.x statements needed to load it into a phone like the Blackberry, etc. I also threw in a handful of other QXDM statements that are commonly used when flashing the phone or updating the PRL. The script is here:

Since this is just a Python script, you'll first need to download and install Python from python.org. Also, it seems the Python installer doesn't put Python.EXE in your path statement, so you'll have to do that manually. Then, just open a command prompt and enter "Python MakeQXDMScript.py" and you'll get the command line options.

For downloading the current PRL from the phone, since there doesn't seem to be any QXDM command to do that, my best solution is to use the QPST Software Download tool to make a backup .QCN file of the phone. If you then view that with the QCNViewer in text mode, you will find the PRL in roaming list section as a hex dump. To convert that into an actual .PRL file that you can run the RLEditor.EXE to view/edit, here is another very simple python script that parses any HEX dump it reads from stdin and writes out a binary to stdout (ignoring blank lines and commented lines beginning with # sign). Use standard redirection (< and >) or pipes to make it work on files:

Hope this makes someone else's effort to flash a phone a little bit easier!
    CP
    Last edited by cparke; 09-06-2012 at 01:40 AM.

Newb

Default Re: QXDM 3.x pr_list_wr

Quote Originally Posted by cparke View Post
    Ok, as promised, since QXDM 2.08 is really missing and that was the last version with the easy to use pr_list_wr and pr_list_re commands, I have written a Python script which will read a binary PRL file and generate the new-style QXDM 3.x statements needed to load it into a phone like the Blackberry, etc. I also threw in a handful of other QXDM statements that are commonly used when flashing the phone or updating the PRL. The script is here:

Since this is just a Python script, you'll first need to download and install Python from python.org. Also, it seems the Python installer doesn't put Python.EXE in your path statement, so you'll have to do that manually. Then, just open a command prompt and enter "Python MakeQXDMScript.py" and you'll get the command line options.

For downloading the current PRL from the phone, since there doesn't seem to be any QXDM command to do that, my best solution is to use the QPST Software Download tool to make a backup .QCN file of the phone. If you then view that with the QCNViewer in text mode, you will find the PRL in roaming list section as a hex dump. To convert that into an actual .PRL file that you can run the RLEditor.EXE to view/edit, here is another very simple python script that parses any HEX dump it reads from stdin and writes out a binary to stdout (ignoring blank lines and commented lines beginning with # sign). Use standard redirection (< and >) or pipes to make it work on files:

Hope this makes someone else's effort to flash a phone a little bit easier!
    CP

Well, I played with the script some more and found the solution. Here is what my command prompt read: C:\Python27>python MakeQXDMScript.py -n 1 , --nam=1 -s SPCCODE, --spc=SPCCODE -o PRL, --outputfilename=PRL -p C:\Python27\01337.prl, --pr_list_wr=01337.prl --namUnlock

It creates the script and it runs in QXDM 3.11. Whether it writes the prl or not, remains to be seen.....
    Last edited by duck95; 10-06-2012 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Solution

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234