Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Newb

when i try to open file it tells me windows cant open what do i need to open the files i got windows 7

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

you can only open these with a product service tool (pst),something like cdma workshop,qpst,samsung pst,ect. it takes this kind of tool to install the .prl into your phone.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by b16aboost View Post
    when i try to open file it tells me windows cant open what do i need to open the files i got windows 7
    What exactly are you trying to do? If you give us some info on what you are trying to accomplish we can lead you in the right direction. Here is a link that may be of some help to you:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Read through some of the stickies on there. It gives the basics of flashing and what is needed. To give you a heads up, it takes a lot of reading and research to get good at flashing phones. It isn't difficult just takes a lot of time.

Welcome to Gurus!

Quote Originally Posted by b16aboost View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rich hathaway View Post
    you can only open these with a product service tool (pst),something like cdma workshop,qpst,samsung pst,ect. it takes this kind of tool to install the .prl into your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by smitty68521 View Post
    What exactly are you trying to do? If you give us some info on what you are trying to accomplish we can lead you in the right direction. Here is a link that may be of some help to you:

Read through some of the stickies on there. It gives the basics of flashing and what is needed. To give you a heads up, it takes a lot of reading and research to get good at flashing phones. It isn't difficult just takes a lot of time.

Welcome to Gurus!
    Which file exactly. If you read through the FIRST post of this thread all discussion will be deleted and should be posted in the DISCUSSIONS thread.
    But still curious as to what file and why your trying to open it.

Old Timer

I agree Whitey. I let this slide for the time being because it seems like he downloaded a PRL file and then attempted to simply open it thinking that is all he/she had to do.

I am going to split this thread to form another one as soon as he provides more info. I'm not even sure where to post it as I don't even know what he/she is wanting to do.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

here is 32500.prl just showed up when we ota programmed a moto droid2 world edition. again its weird they are putting out new prls weekly it seems.we have come accross 2 or 3 in the last couple of weeks. we are getting alot of custy calls about web stopping on flashed phones again.but it seems it is only for a few hours at a time then starts working again so they must be testing again,i am assuming that the testing is for the release of the droid update comming next month which will likely screw up web on the flashed phones again pissing off all of everyones custy's. but anyway, here it is,and it seems to be pretty fast with regaurd to web and data.

Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast