Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Apprentice

Default Re: MIFI 2200 to boost method?

cool thanks i was debateing on buying it didnt wanna spend a hundred bucks, 4 nothing, i wish they didnt have the univ ram_3a locked on the trial edition.lol thanks

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by deathtrip View Post
    NOTE: You do NOT need to modify the ESN on any of these devices. EVDO devices do not validate against the ESN when connecting to EVDO services. All you need is the correct MSL/SPC (in some cases), the correct M.IP profile user/pass, and proper data values set.

Sprint: You will need the MSL of your MiFi. If you don't have it... you can easily pay for a service to get it for you.

..... = d o n o r

First things first... get these items from your ..... phone...
    -SPC/MSL
    -Primary HA IP Address (usually 255.255.255.255)
    -Secondary HA IP Address (mine is 68.28.89.76)

Profile 0 Username (hex@hcm.sprintpcs.com)
    Profile 0 Password (32 character hex string)
    Profile 1 Username (?????@myboostmobile.sprintpcs.com)
    Profile 1 Password (6 digit AAA password)

Using CDMA Workshop (my favorite) send the SPC (change to the ..... SPC next).

Next, copy NAM 1 form ..... to MiFi...
    Next, copy NVItems 495-496 and 1192-1194 from ..... to MiFi.... (you may see error writing 1... that's okay)

Next, Using a PC with Wireless (laptop works well) connect to the MiFi. (new/factory reset will have no WEP password).
    Next, After successfully connecting to MiFi via Wireless... open [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in your browser.

-- Default pass is "admin" if the device is new or factory reset.
    --- MiFi might automatically make you configure the device with a new password, and WEP key... if so, proceed... continue when finished and reconnected to MiFi

Next, click WWAN > DIAGNOSTICS... then click MANUAL DEVICE SETUP. It will ask for the MSL... send the one you wrote from the ......

Then another box will popup asking for the User/NAI, AAA, Primary HA IP, and the Secondary HA IP, enter them as you saved them before... and lastly enter the word secret as the HA secret.

Save... reboot the MiFi.

Once powered back on and you logon to it via WiFi, go back to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and login with the admin password.'

Goto WWAN > Activate Device. No matter what it show (active or not) click START to initiate activation process.

It should complete and say you can now enjoy internet.

If all is good, you're done.

If things don't work after this, then your MiFi has a newer firmware and you'll need to use QPST and do the follwing...

Connect to the MiFi via USB using QPST.

Goto M.IP and Profile 0.

make sure that the NAI shows the HEX ESN or MEID of the ..... ... @hcm.sprintpcs.com

next, click enter TEXT string for HA secret and enter the word "secret" without the quotes.

next, open the NVItem 1192-1194 that you saved, and copy 32 characters of the HEX value for the 1192 string, starting AFTER the first digit 10:

So if you see... 10 C3 7F 65 B2 71 1F 81 A3 EE A9 25 CD 12 ED 93 0D 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ... you'll copy from C3 to 0D (start after 10, and end at the first 00).

Remove the spaces... and then you should end up with something like this (for example): C37F65B2711F81A3EEA925CD12ED930D.

In QPST on Profile 0, for the AAA secret, click enter HEX string and paste your hex string you got from above.

Save.

Goto Profile 1 and edit. Make sure the username is your boost username @myboostmobile.sprintpcs.com

Goto HA secret and click TEXT value and enter the word "secret" without the quotes.

Next goto the AAA secret and click enter TEXT value and put in you 6 digit AAA password from the ..... phone.

click SAVE, then click WRITE TO PHONE on QPST.

Once done, connect to the MiFi over wireless, and go back to the WWAN > CONFIGURATION and click ACTIVATE DEVICE, then START.

This should complete the steps and the MiFi should be good to go.

How do you get the 6 digit aaa keys?

Apprentice

just wanna give people a heads up, i tried the write up deathtrip posted above which is really good and detailed, but i followed it to a "T" several attempts with qpst/dfs trial/cdma 2.7, using a virgin mobile 2200 and also a mifi 2200 with no success, i finally did though get the flash to stick using the paid version of cdma 3.9, i have no idea why but it worked on both the first try following deathtrips write up.. just saying incase theres anyone like me who keeps trying to flash and know your following the steps correctly but its not working..

Quote Originally Posted by elisa191 View Post
    Well the thing with Boost is unlike Verizon they dont push data keys to the device upon activation the keys are programed into the phones at the factory and they never change. There are only a few phones that you can use that will give you real 3g with the sanyo incognito being the phone of choice.

The big issue with Boost is that if you want to seriously flash you have to have a lot of incognitos and they are not cheap (30 - 45 on ebay) and the big problem is that its hard to find quantity as wholesalers dont what to sell 20 or 50 they want to sell 5k at a time so you have to come with cash but wholesalers are the only ones you can get decent prices from.

So once you have the boost phone - however you get it - you simply activate it and then read all the keys off it just like you would with your Verizon fascinate after you activated it.

There are a lot of guides on this you can google but i hope this helps you understand whats happing a little better

elisa191
    Hi elisa...

Couple of questions if I may please?

You say above that Boost does not push the data keys to the phone. You also mention that the preferred d phone is the incognito. I believe that both Sprint and Boost used the Incog. Are you saying that only the Boost Incog will have the preset Incog data keys?

If so, I just ordered a couple of Sprint Incogs to work with because you and others have recommended the Incog for flashing to Boost and did not mention that one would be preferred over the other. Where does that leave me with the Sprint version?

Pull the AAA and HA's off the Sprint unit and use them on the phone that is being flashed or what?

Thank you for your time,
    John
    Last edited by pede69; 09-24-2013 at 03:48 PM.

www.CheckESNFree.com

Boost/Sprint updates the M.IP Profile 1 Username and AAA (password) every single time you activate a device. Other than that everything on the device stays the same. The Username will stay the same between activations but it is specific to your account.

There are several phones that can be used to acquire "true EVDO Rev:A" service from Boost (on Sprint's network). The Incognito is only one of many.

www.CheckESNFree.com - Proudly Serving The Wireless Community Since 2008!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pede69 View Post
    Hi elisa...

Couple of questions if I may please?

You say above that Boost does not push the data keys to the phone. You also mention that the preferred d phone is the incognito. I believe that both Sprint and Boost used the Incog. Are you saying that only the Boost Incog will have the preset Incog data keys?

If so, I just ordered a couple of Sprint Incogs to work with because you and others have recommended the Incog for flashing to Boost and did not mention that one would be preferred over the other. Where does that leave me with the Sprint version?

Pull the AAA and HA's off the Sprint unit and use them on the phone that is being flashed or what?

Thank you for your time,
    John

DeathTrip answered your question I think

Both the sprint and Boost incognito will activate on your boost account.

Also as DeathTrip stated the incog is only 1 of the phones you can use but for newbs its the best IMO because there are so many guides on how to use it and its simple and straight forward some of the others aren't as easy to use.

thanks

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast