Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Newb

Default Re: How to FLASH MIFI 2200 to Verizon and Bypass Data Filters 5-12-13 | Flashedphones

Quote Originally Posted by blazin6969 View Post
    I guess my next question would be, if you flash a note 2 or something along that to the prepaid $50 unlimited any risk of them getting flagged now?
    Yes, I've had 2 customers with note 2 go down. 1 used 10gb in 1 month

BANNED

Default Re: How to FLASH MIFI 2200 to Verizon and Bypass Data Filters 5-12-13 | Flashedphones

You think this could have something to do with the way they see you browsing the web? I know when I used to tether with tmobile, they would threaten to ban me only way they could tell is because you aren't using mobile sites when tethered but full site address....So if they see any device that is pulling a site the isnt m.xxxx.com maybe that may also raise some suspicion...
    Sucks because I have had one of these for awhile and was going to get it flashed for the summer planned alot of traveling.

I guess my next question would be, if you flash a note 2 or something along that to the prepaid $50 unlimited any risk of them getting flagged now?
    I've had seven customers with phones new to be reflashed in the last 10 days. That is way less the 1% and for us that is very manageable but it is interesting that it didn't have anything to do data usage as 3 of those customers hardly use data according to the phones own data tracking so that rules out mobile sites but percentage wise far fewer phones then mifis are going down.

elisa191

Newb

I flashed a 2200 with the file flashedphones provided and it's been working ALL day today. We'll see how long it last.....

You think this could have something to do with the way they see you browsing the web? I know when I used to tether with tmobile, they would threaten to ban me only way they could tell is because you aren't using mobile sites when tethered but full site address....So if they see any device that is pulling a site the isnt m.xxxx.com maybe that may also raise some suspicion...
    Sucks because I have had one of these for awhile and was going to get it flashed for the summer planned alot of traveling.

Not all sites that are mobile are identified by the url it's more about the user agent and browser I'd. But not the cause here. It's the devices used.

Newb

after extensive research and browsing for a possible fix that works i found a bit of discouraging news it seems that other carriers are doing the same. cricket users are beginning to complain about data on mifi's stopping and even on some phones and as we all know cricket primarily relies on sprints towers so we are not alone in this

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

cricket is a "bring your own device company"and counts data on all plans with the exception of muve music plans,maybe thats what you ment,not sure but cricket has already fixed the "free data" issue they had several months ago,which was the same "loophole" you guys are using on vzw now.
    I dont really fool with modems much so i cant offer a good solution other than saying maybe you will just have to pay for data now.next g runs on vzw is 60 bucks for the unlimited vzw data you all seek.abd you can still charge your custy's for the flash and activtion.ive been doing it since the started and can hook anyone up with dealer status,that service is legit.
    Last edited by rich hathaway; 05-21-2013 at 09:55 AM. Reason: typo
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast