Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Newb

Default Re: How to FLASH MIFI 2200 to Verizon and Bypass Data Filters 5-12-13 | Flashedphones

thank you pro u the best carzy man i ever seen in my life thats carlos ca

Apprentice

Default Re: How to FLASH MIFI 2200 to Verizon and Bypass Data Filters 5-12-13 | Flashedphones

@elisa191 Thank You for this info. I have 1 question about the "High Speed Data" rating. You say that you have to use LG Extravert & not a Gusto 2 cause the data speeds are this or that but both phones are 1XRTT rated so that means they have the same data speeds from the system & the phones hardware is where the speeds would differ. am I correct or wrong? Don't take this wrong cause I don't mean it in a bad way just wondering. I'm not a newbie but I also Love to learn. I have been flashing for 4 yrs & I try to learn something new everyday. I appreciate & Thank You again for this info I'm just pointing out this info & wondering the difference when they have the same data rating if that's what you want to call it. Here's a Screen shot & the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] to the info on [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] to back up the 1xRTT info I have posted & found. Thank You & have a good day. Matt
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

BANNED

Hello Matt,

You are correct that both phones are 1x devices but on Verizon they rely on the device to throttle the sata speed not the network. The cdma network serves data to all devices at EVDO Rev0 so its 3g. This is why you can activate a phone on the .25 per minute plan with no data and still get EVDO Rev0 data at high end 3g speed. The only diffrence between the gusto and the extravert is that the gusto has a very limited ability to access the internet compared with the extravert which is a much more internet friendly handset.

So look at it this way

If you owned and used a gusto2 how much data could you possibly use on the device per day? Your answer here = __________

If you owned and used an Extravert how much data could you possibly use on the device per day? Your answer here = ________

I don't know what the exact numbers are but I know the extravert far outweighs the gusto2

I think it would be hard to pull 20mb on a gusto2

On a mifi you can pull 20mb in five minutes

It makes putting a filter on all gusto2 a very prudent thing and very simple to administer from an admin perspective

Will they eventually filter the extraverts? Probably so and by the time they do Boost will probably have finished updating
    their EVDO speeds so there at the high end of evdo

In south Florida Boost EVDO A is consistently 800 - 1400kbs

Hope this give a little insight

elisa191

Apprentice

@elisa191 Thanks for confirming my thought's cause that's what I was thinking was difference but wasn't sure if that would be correct with the way some of the other stuff you explained. It makes sense
    Last edited by 4MUSKRAT; 05-17-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Newb

A noob question (if it is not too noob): I can use a used Extravert, right? So long as it has a clean ESN?

Newb

can anyone lend any assistance with the spc code on an extravert??

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast