Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newb

Default Sprint Kyocera Rise Flashed to Mobi PCS & Cricket

Okay so I got really bored and bought a Kyocera Rise from eBay, searched everywhere for an SPC and gave up. In the mainland there's CricKet, in Hawaii, there's Mobi PCS. I work as their technician and I figured out how to unlock this thing for our company. So here's a tut of how to do it. This might work with the one for Virgin but I haven't tried yet. Bear with me, this is my first tut so if you have any questions, ask below. Here it goes!! (Please also note that this tut has stuff for Mobi PCS, if your flashing to CricKet, flash it with CricKet info instead of Mobi)

1. Make sure phone is charged and has a memory card in it.

2. Connect phone to WiFi. Go to Settings > Security and make sure that the "Unknown Sources" is checked off.

3. Go to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and let the app download.

4. Install the app then open it. Then click "Read SPC" and take note of the SPC.

5. Next, hit ##3424# (##DIAG#) and have it say "Enabled". DO NOT LEAVE THIS SCREEN AFTERWARDS OR Workshop will not recognize the port.

6. Open CDMA Workshop. I use the most recent 3.9. Connect to the Kyocera Serial Port. Go to the "Security" tab and insert that SPC you got from that MSL program on the phone.

7. Write your PRL in the "Other" tab

8. and program the phone like how you usually would.

If you have any other questions, post on the bottom. Peace out!

BABY NEWB

Default Re: Sprint Kyocera Rise Flashed to Mobi PCS & Cricket

I try this on virgin mobile today. Before I have not got it to write to virgin but maybe I was leaving the screen after enable.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

it wont work to enable the port on the vm one because the "phone as modem" apk is hidden,so you will be able to see the port but not read or write to/from it without sending the correct command to the modem.i am fairly sure there is a dialer code to get there but ive gone through the firmware with a fine comb already and it is not there.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Do you think that it could be something similar to that Boost Hydro that we were workin on?

Newb

I have a VM kyocera rise, I reached as far as seeing the serial port in cdma workshop, I can see and connect to the port but I cannot read or write. If the phone as modem apk is not there, how do we get to read and write to the phone?

Newb

How do I load a prl from sdcard on a kyocera rise

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast