Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Premium Member

Default Guides and such from mobile-files

I was perusing google and found that if you google certain subjects from mobile-files you can still pull up most of the threads. They show up in search terms. Then, on the far right there is a little link to cached. This pulls up the page. You can bring the page up quicker with text-only version. This woudl be really helpful in pulling up some of the great guides, such as motorola q, blackberry, palm pre, etc. It would save someone having to re-write a bunch of guides. Plus, we could give credit to individual who originally posted the how to.
    To simply seek is overrated. That's why you have search.

Old Timer

Default Re: Guides and such from mobile-files

If we get time we should attempt to do this to beef this forum up even more. I would like to reach out to a lot of those m-f members to let them know about us.

Premium Member

Google has made it nice in the recovery situation. The only real thing missing from the guides is the links to posts. I have been doing a search for a certain subject with mobile-files in the search term. When the pages come up, it says more from mobile-files. It'll bring up another page and shows nearly all the posts in a thread. It's a lot of work to go through, but it will grow the site quicker with all the solutions.

Smitty maybe we could start a running list of what we feel are the most needed things to be added to the forum right away.

In other words, the most important guides that are not yet up. Those of us that are helping fill up the forum with information can just go into the thread and assign ourselves the task.
    To simply seek is overrated. That's why you have search.

Old Timer

I agree with you on that one. But Dex fills up his time with site enhancements, Mr. Pseudonym keeps both me and Dex in line and makes sure our crazy ideas are doable. lol

I run a business so it is hard for me to be on here a lot.

And then there is Whitey10tc. I see him on here a lot. But I gather he is in the same boat as us. Works a lot and doesn't have a lot of time for research.

I have been careful as to what I post. Mainly because some of the files I have haven't been released publicly by the author.

And really come to think of it, at this point it is good to see who the contributors are and the "leeches". I am happy to say there are a quite a few contributors on here so far.

I too want to watch what I post. Most 80% of my files came from mafia members and are not public. So until they release I will keep them locked up and continue my search.

I'm moderated because I didn't verify my email

hmmm...what are you guys needing? Sometimes I have a lot of down time during the week...Let me know...