Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Wby can i not find a complete "HOWTO" on flashing the mifi to prepaid?

I know that there is a member who has the solution for most if not all the mifi's, it's a full rebrand. But it's not cheap because it took a while to put together. If interested I can get a price for anyone. It is a custom solution and has a copyright, and buyers are required to sign NDA's.

Default Re: Wby can i not find a complete "HOWTO" on flashing the mifi to prepaid?

I believe if memory serves correctly there's a Novatel utility that lets you flash new firmware to the device and there's an override flag so you can push the Verizon firmware into another branded device (eg ignore carrier checks) -- then from there, flash from your ".....". It's as Deathtrip has explained in the past -- you're pulling data keys from another device and putting them into the Mifi and forcing it to 3G only.

I bought the flashing guide like a rube only to realize that all they're selling is a crappy PDF and a cracked copy of Workshop 2.7... and a specific Verizon Prepaid handset.
    [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]LG, the hooker on a boat givin' it up for free[/FONT]

The solution I posted about is not a pdf it is a full re-branding solution. It is now posted in the market place forum for sale. You must have got one of the cheaper guides on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
    The solution I posted about is not a pdf it is a full re-branding solution. It is now posted in the market place forum for sale. You must have got one of the cheaper guides on ebay.
    Meant to mention that. I understand the rebranding to Verizon at least (since I've got the Nova utils) and how to reload the data settings and pull 'em.
    [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]LG, the hooker on a boat givin' it up for free[/FONT]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12