Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Newb

Default moved>> Experiences, Rants, Raves, Anything Goes! Let's have some fun!

Hello!!,Obviously, I'm new. I don't want to upset anyone so I chose the section I saw marked "anything goes" if I'm wrong let me know or point me to the right area. My main reason for posting is that I find myself out of work for the first time in over 22 years. I became interested in electronics many years ago and have recently become involved in buying broken smartphones, repairing them and reselling them. Now I am finding out more and more that the "blacklisting" and cdma "bad ESN" situation is becoming more and more problematic. Especially for little home based guys like me. Is there anyone here who would be willing to teach me what I need to know to deal with the impending GSM blacklisting and the CDMA bad ESN situations?I'm not looking for something for nothing. I just need to know if anyone can help me and how much I need to spend to be profitable and not get stuck with a bunch of phones I can't sell or that buyers come back to me after purchase and tell me their phones stopped working. Hoping to hear from you!!Thanks, Steve

Default Re: moved>> Experiences, Rants, Raves, Anything Goes! Let's have some fun!

Check out
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    to check your ESN's, etc.

As for selling the phones of course that is different, if it's blacklisted lost or stolen you're screwed, but if it's just a unpaid bal sell the phone as parts. Locally if I get a phone that is reported stolen I am required by law to surrender it to my local law enforcement. I copy the ID of each person I buy a phone from along with that they sign a sales agreement that they are the legal owner, just like a pawn shop.

If by chance I do need to turn one in, I get a receipt from law enforcement stating the reason why and the market value of the item so I can claim it as a loss on taxes.