Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Workaround for usb to port error w/evasi0n jailbreak tool

First off we are making a permanent fix to this problem now,so please be patient for the next few days until its done.

IF YOU HAVE ALREADY USED THE EVASI0N.EXE YOU WILL NEED TO RESTORE FIRST,IF YOU USED THE UPDATE FROM CYDIA JUST UNINSTALL IT FIRST.

the workaround is simple,just use redsn0w 0.9.15.b3 and apply tethered jailbreak just like you would before evasi0n,selecting the 6.0 ipsw then jailbreak,after complete boot tethered [just like before with 6.0 ipsw]

use the tool it will connect fine after you use redsn0w,after you flash your phone you can proceed one of 2 ways as outined below.

1.you can open cydia go to manage then sources then telesphoreo then scroll down to "E" and you will see
    evasi0n 6x.Untether and isntall it then reboot and you will have unthered jb.

or

2.open ifunbox,look at the pane on the left,scroll down to "Cydia App Install" click on that then simply select or drag and drop the file evasi0n 6x.Untether.deb from below that you are going to download into that box and restart your iphone and it will be untethered via evasi0n.

IF YOU HAVE A CURRENTLY TETHERED DEVICE VIA REDSN0W SIMPLY MAKE SURE YOU FLASH YOUR PHONE WHILE IT IS STILL TETHERED,THEN APPLY THE UPDATE FROM CYDIA OR USE THE .DEB I POSTED HERE. DO NOT RUN EVASI0N.EXE OR YOU LIKELY ENCOUNTER PROBLEMS THAT WILL CAUSE YOU TO HAVE TO RESTORE.

NOTE: THE COMMCENTER PATCH FOR 6.1 ON IP4 HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED TO THE TOOL YET SO USE MY GUIDE POSTED HERE IN THE IPHONE FORUM TO DO IT MANUALLY FOR NOW.[DO THAT BEFORE YOU FLASH] WE WILL FIX THE TOOL TO HAVE BOTH THE CC PATCH AND THE PERMANENT FIX FOR THE ERROR AT THE SAME TIME BUT IT WILL TAKE A FEW DAYS.

evasi0n.deb package below [hide-thanks]http://www.mediafire.com/?59rixdlb21gpjbu[/hide-thanks]
    Last edited by rich hathaway; 02-05-2013 at 01:44 PM.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Default Re: Workaround for usb to port error w/evasi0n jailbreak tool

Thanks for the info, but had a question. If we restore, it will update to 6.1 , and I had 2 iphones that were on 6.0.1. So I restored and followed your steps , I tried to j.b with the most recent redsn0w, it would go through the whole process but cydia would not appear on device. I used select 6.0 as stated and used 2 different computers. I dont know what Im doing wrong. Im trying to j.b tethered then install patch then flash via iphonecdmatool, then update to untether j.b via cydia. thanks and sorry if im a little unclear

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by lolopez999 View Post
    Thanks for the info, but had a question. If we restore, it will update to 6.1 , and I had 2 iphones that were on 6.0.1. So I restored and followed your steps , I tried to j.b with the most recent redsn0w, it would go through the whole process but cydia would not appear on device. I used select 6.0 as stated and used 2 different computers. I dont know what Im doing wrong. Im trying to j.b tethered then install patch then flash via iphonecdmatool, then update to untether j.b via cydia. thanks and sorry if im a little unclear
    I've also been having trouble jailbreaking my newly-restored iPhone 4 CDMA w/ the tethered redsn0w jailbreak (I get stuck on Please wait...), so I think I'm just going to wait 'til the cdma tool gets updated to work with evasi0n. Thanks for the update Rich, and I was also wondering what the status was with getting MMS to work on 6.1?

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

mms works 100% on 6.1,but you must have patched cc and flashed your phone first.
    @lolopez sounds like you need to boot tethered still selecting the 6.0 ipsw before and after you jailbreak
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Re: Workaround for usb to port error w/evasi0n jailbreak tool

So lets say I have a brand new restored iphone 4 running 6.1 . The first step would be j.b with rednow 9.15.3, selecting 6.0, run j.b, then boot tethered. install open ssh. install patch manually, flash to cricket using iphonecdmatool, then update using the untether update via cydia correct?

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by rich hathaway View Post
    mms works 100% on 6.1,but you must have patched cc and flashed your phone first.
    @lolopez sounds like you need to boot tethered still selecting the 6.0 ipsw before and after you jailbreak
    Hi rich, i have a sprint iphone 4 on 6.1 untethered. I followed your guide by jailbreaking tethered, manually installing the commcenter patch, and then flashing my phone. I installed prl 3032 for metro and everything worked but just now i checked and my prl went back to 1005. Calls text and mms work but i dont have 3g. Should i redo everything again? Also do you know why it changed the prl automatically? This never happened before. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast