Join Today

Site Sponsor

Thread: Rant moved!

Newb

Default Rant moved!

Quote Originally Posted by asmugone View Post
    {personal rant}To all the lurkers out there who are skimming, stop being a jerk and post something helpful! This is/was one of the best forums for flashing.{/rant}
    I appreciate your rant, but the biggest problem i've seen here [and the main reason i stay away from this forum] is the ad's, especially the flash based ad's. This forum is constantly being infected w/ tainted ad-servers and bugged ad's that cause issues like infinite page reloading - this can be an issue for those of us on DSL. Also, the voice based ad's are quite obnoxious, so overcoming the deluge of ad's just to log in and say something can be quite difficult at times.

On a lighter note: If anyone needs help testing anything I have a couple sprint iphone 4s' on 5.1.1 , just pm me w/ whatever u need tested.

Default Re: Rant moved!

I've moved your post to prevent further hijacking of the original thread and to answer a few things.

You mention ads, like most all forums ads keep the the bills paid. Infected/tainted ad servers? We use one ad server with 6 advertisers/agencies none of which are infected, while there maybe some ads that don't play by the rules by redirecting or causing popups most do not. Infinite page loads, this is an appearance issue because the ads are served through an iframe, appearing that the page is always loading, we do it this way so the forum pages do not wait for the ads to fully load. Voice ads these appear in the threads and are being weeded out when noticed. Starting tomorrow there will be some new ad "rules" implemented that will reduce ads according to participation, so those that do contribute and contribute more will see less to none.
    On a side note there are many ways around our ads, easiest become a donator or premium member, review the TOS and privacy policy [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] or become more active.

Default Re: Rant moved!

I just posted the post counts and what ads they will remove [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]