Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newb

Default Re: IMEI Blacklist Database - Coming Soon!

My bad guys, I wasn't trying to sound rude, but here are two methods to check if a T-mobile Phone is blacklisted:

1. Go to a t-mobile store and ask them if they would check if the phone is blacklisted.
    2. Buy a prepaid sim card (.99 cents on t-mobiles website). Activate the sim-card by calling, eventually a machine will ask you to enter your imei. If the imei is clean, it will let you proceed. However if the imei is bad, it will tell you the imei has been blocked. Once it tells you that your imei is blocked you can hang up and your sim card won't be activated. I think you can do this as many times as you want.

www.CheckESNFree.com

Yea, same can be done for AT&T, but the issue is, people in the "industry" want a fast, instant, secure method.

Our site aims to deliver that to the "industry", and with our API access, we can deliver the results in less than 5 seconds, where calling in and going through the hassle can take 5 minutes or more per device.

And, we can process 6 IMEIs on our MultiCheck Page which means you can check 6 phones at a single time, all in less than a minute.

Calling in and asking, or processing your request through the IVR might work for you, but for companies who process 50,000 - 500,000 phones a month, instant access is more desirable.

Apprentice

Well if this law isn't overturned soon, i can guarantee you that imei spoofing will come back into play, kind of a dead art to most but with this national database and people unknowingly buying blacklisted imei devices, some people will be looking to capitalize, but thats a discussion for another time.

Apprentice

And i figured the MVNO's would be tied into this, just never had anyone clarify that, thanks trip.

People really need to thank you for making this alot easier with your site, Your keeping the used smartphone buying market alive.

Just another tactic for carriers to drive customers into their stores with skepticism of purchasing a used phone on ebay or craigslist. Then this unlocking law hits and now they wanna govern whether or not you can actually unlock/flash your phone, its bs.

www.CheckESNFree.com

Just received word that our access to the IMEI Blacklist database will be active on Thursday (UK time). I have expressed deep concern with getting access up and going as we have had delay after delay and was told Thursday things will be live for us.

www.CheckESNFree.com

CheckESNFree.com can now validate against the new US IMEI/LTE Blacklist Database.

However, there are a few things that might not please most of you.

Per the requirements of the carriers and the global GSM association, only IMEIs registered as "lost/stolen" AFTER October 31st 2012 on T-Mobile and AT&T are listed in the US blacklist database.

This may change down the road to include all blacklisted devices, but currently it is as mentioned above.

With that said, any device blacklisted before October 31st 2012 on AT&T may still be used on T-Mobile, and vise-verse.

www.CheckESNFree.com - Proudly Serving The Wireless Community Since 2008!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast