Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    www.CheckESNFree.com

Default IMEI Blacklist Database - Coming Soon!

We at CheckESNFree.com have been dedicated to supporting the mobile community for several years now, and while we've done everything we can to help the CDMA market, we are not pleased to announce that our request to access the IMEI Blacklist database has been granted.

We will be able to validate if a device associated with T-Mobile, AT&T and any other US company who is required to report into the new Blacklist database is flagged as blacklisted or not.

Since AT&T and T-Mobile now read and submit to the database, there will be no need to worry about checking the device at both carriers as if it's blacklisted on T-Mobile, it will be on AT&T also.

Things should be up and running within the next 10 days!

Apprentice

Default Re: IMEI Blacklist Database - Coming Soon!

And just to clarify, as a device is blacklisted it pertains to the same things as the cdma BAD ESN database right?

Lost/Stolen
    Unpaid balance on account

anything else?

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

its a bit different,since tmo and at&t "respect"each others blacklists,and its to the point now that when you put your sim into a blacklisted device almost every time it will disable your sim so you cant even put it your own "clean" device and use it without either a trip to your local carriers store or at a minumum a call to custy service to get it reactivated.

its wack...
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

www.CheckESNFree.com

Right now, T-Mobile and AT&T are required by law to submit blacklisted IMEIs (lost/stolen) to the IMEI Blacklist Database. Both carriers read and write to this same database and this helps prevent someone from using a stolen AT&T phone on T-Mobile and vise-versa.

Do note, MVNOs who operate on AT&T and T-Mobile are also affected by the IMEI Blacklist database, since the devices register to the actual carriers towers.

Sprint and Verizon will be required to use the same database, starting sometime close to the end of the year.

Also, the way I understand it, a device can only be put on the Blacklist Database if it has been reported lost or stolen. This should mean devices that have ETF or unpaid balances should not be on the Blacklist Database.

Newb

I have a question; I bought a T-mobile Galaxy s3 of eBay but when I tried to activate it, at a T-mobile store, they told me the phone was "blocked for non-payment." However, if I put my sim card the phone works, why? Will T-mobile eventually block it completely? Should I return the phone back?

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Quote Originally Posted by lowg214 View Post
    I have a question; I bought a T-mobile Galaxy s3 of eBay but when I tried to activate it, at a T-mobile store, they told me the phone was "blocked for non-payment." However, if I put my sim card the phone works, why? Will T-mobile eventually block it completely? Should I return the phone back?
    this is kinda of a hijack of deaths thread,so lets not get to far off topic here without you starting your own thread please.

gsm phones for the most part will act the same when blacklisted,which is they wont make a call but they will get signal fine.usually giving a "not registered on network" error or similar.if it is blacklisted i would def. return it while you still can.because while we have a way to "clean" meids for sprint and verizon (at about 70 bucks a pop) we do not have a way,yet, to clean at&t/tmo imei's.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast