Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newb

Default Re: IMEI Blacklist Database - Coming Soon!

No body is trying to "hijack of deaths thread." I was just asking a question relevant to topic being discuss. In any case, you didn't really address the question.

TMobile may or may not block it at anytime. Sometimes it happens immediately when you insert your SIM other times it can happen months later. I would return it to seller and get a refund.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Quote Originally Posted by lowg214 View Post
    No body is trying to "hijack of deaths thread." I was just asking a question relevant to topic being discuss. In any case, you didn't really address the question.
    calm down and yes friend i did answer your question.if the phone is blacklisted it WILL NOT make a call period.if it completes a call it is NOT blocked yet.and like whitey said,they can block it at any time.if your phone shows clean today,in an hour it may be blocked.at this point its not clear that when a phone is flagged for whatever reason and moved to the blocked list exactly how long it takes before the network actually takes action and blocks service on the unit.
    but if tmo told you it was on the list,if you can get your money back you for sure should.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

www.CheckESNFree.com

Can you PM me the IMEI? I don't have any known "blocked" IMEIs and would like to collect some for validating when the account goes active this week.

Also, the way I understand it, every device on the IMEI blocklist will eventually be banned from the network of all carriers, and the network is suppose to flag active, blacklisted IMEIs or kill the SIMs within a specific amount of days, but the system isn't complete yet so it will take a little time.

I've talked with quite a few people who use GoPhone SIMs to test AT&T phones to see if they're blacklisted and these people claim it usually happens within an hour of inserting the SIM if the IMEI is blacklisted.
    Last edited by deathtrip; 02-03-2013 at 06:43 PM.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

not really sure what of the point of killing sims is,i mean with craigslist,ebay,amazon,ect. selling thousands of phones per hour,how can they simply fail every sim from someone that just got taken advantage of and unknowingly bought a hot phone.makes no sence,because most peeps that steal phones,steal them to sell them,not use them. corporate genious's
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

www.CheckESNFree.com

I don't agree with the SIM killing either, to me it just seems like a precautionary measure, in the event the IMEI doesn't disconnect from the tower, the SIM dies and drops registration. I dunno, sounds silly, but that just might be it. :P

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast