Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Newb

Default Help with Evo 4G

I live in the great white north where cell service on HSPA+ sucks, where as CDMA is empty and lonely. So I want to give it some love and try to flash a Evo 4G to Telus.

Now after doing a couple days research I came across this [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Will this work? My Evo is on 2.3.5. I'm new to flashing and have been reading over the many newbie forums. Haven't found one regarding canadian though

Heck if someone feels comfortable remotely connecting to my PC and helping me out would be great!

Anyways hello to everyone, hope the upcoming holidays will be treating you all well.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: Help with Evo 4G

if telus requires you to change your esn we cant help you in the public part of this forum,only in the premo section,if you dont have to change it,it will depend of if telus requires you to go thru a proxy or not.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

BANNED

Default Re: Help with Evo 4G

I haven't flashed to telus in over a year but they do require proxy the problem is that they are vigilant about shutting down accounts with flashed phones on them very quickly. Maybe some things have changed over the last 12 months but I hadn't heard of any major shift in telus that would indicate that to be the case. The big problem is all the WCDMA handsets you can use are non-smartphones so there really is no way to keep them from knowing you have a smartphone on the account.

Also I can not verify the solution you posted that is not the method we use for data on telus

elisa191