Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: BB Pearl 8130 Flashed to Metropcs, NO WEB/MMS Need Help!

i am going from memory so bear with me,go to file manipulation then read it,then there is a tab to remove file select that scroll down to the browser deamon file and remove it,now open desktop mngr and load sb,now back to cu,and choose load file to device it will bring up the file you need allow it run,also your phone should reboot after you remove the file and again after you load it,if it doesn't it is not working,run it as admin,and you may need to run in compatibility mode for win xp sp2. if that doesnt work to get the browser back then its reload time for you.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

You've been more than patient and thanks again for all your help on this. I found the browser-only when I hit "switch application" do I see it. I can live with that. When I click on the browser, of course it doesn't work. The message I get is "your browser does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries." I do have service books on the phone.

About legacy mode. I tried for about an hour to get into legacy mode on my phone with no luck. I've tried alt ss beb. I've tried alt ss alt b alt e alt b-nothing. I know you said and I've also read you need to be in legacy mode to load the service books. So now I'm just stuck. Any thoughts?

CDMA GURUS Booster

you dont have to be in legacy to load sb with crack u,only if you skip crack u and just use dtm do you have to be in legacy.you need to hold down the alt button,not keep pushing it.

here this will help

Blackberry Legacy Mode to Install Custom Service Books
    8130, 8330, 8830

Go to Options, Advanced Options, Service Book
    Hold alt key (up arrow on 8130) and type S B E B
    Should say &quot;Legacy Restore Mode&quot;

See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

Newb

I meant to say I've also tried holding the alt button down as well-still no luck. My phone is just determined to make this hard for me. How do I load the service books in crack utility? Looks like the only thing I see to transfer is .cod or .jar files.

CDMA GURUS Booster

you dont load the service books in cu,go back and read closely,you remove the browser file then go to desk t mgr and load books then back to cu to reload the browser file after the books are loaded. also your alt button on your 8130 is the up arrow,did you know that?

Newb

YOU ARE THE MAN! Thank you!! Yes I definetly didn't read carefully sorry, but followed your instructions and browser is back and says Metropcs. Still no working mms and web though. Do I need to redo my settings in qpst again?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast