Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Newb

Default Re: Iphone 4 CDMA 6.0.1 (no 3g)

Quote Originally Posted by cbernardo13 View Post
    We don't have 3G in the Tampa area. Only 1x and 4g LTE. If you used Rich's tool, then the iPhone will automatically switch to 3g when you enter a 3g coverage area. Closest 3g coverage area to us is in Lakeland. Let me know if you have any questions
    when you say no 3g do you mean no metro pcs 3g? then why do my firends with metro phones have 3g?

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by rich hathaway View Post
    how do you know what carrier he is using?many carriers have 3g in tampa
    I guess it was just a lucky guess Rich. Most (all) other carriers have 3g in Tampa. And yeah, even though most people's phones "say" 3g, that is only built into the rom of the phone. If it had the capability to show 1x, it would. I promise, metro doesn't have 3g in Tampa. I'm on my phone, otherwise I'd link you to a thread on xda that tells where there is confirmed 3g, but if you do a Google search, you should find it. It's on the Evo 3d forum. But good point Rich. Thanks for ALL your help

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by cbernardo13; 11-18-2012 at 03:29 AM.

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by cbernardo13 View Post
    I guess it was just a lucky guess Rich. Most (all) other carriers have 3g in Tampa. And yeah, even though most people's phones "say" 3g, that is only built into the rom of the phone. If it had the capability to show 1x, it would. I promise, metro doesn't have 3g in Tampa. I'm on my phone, otherwise I'd link you to a thread on xda that tells where there is confirmed 3g, but if you do a Google search, you should find it. It's on the Evo 3d forum. But good point Rich. Thanks for ALL your help

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    was metro a bad idea? should i move my iphone to a different carrier? i pay $35 a month so whats comparable in price that will offer me 3g in tampa?

Apprentice

I'm surprised Rich hasn't responded yet. Sorry about that. Personally, I think metro is great for talk & text, but internet sucks. I had metro, had to switch to boost because of the 3g

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

i didnt respond because im just not sure of what carriers are available in tampa.if you have cricket out there,use them. there 3g is blazing fast (for 3g)
    maybe chk your local phonebook to see what carriers have shops in your area.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I have the new iOS update, lol.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast