Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Newb

Default Re: kyocera hydro from boost mobile msl

Anyone figure out how to enable port on kyocera hydro
    I have figure it the msl but i cannot connect to dfs/qpst of cdma workshop. any suggestions

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

its in this post,the phone as modem app needs to be ported over to your model,you can get it from the cricket or i think the sprint one has it also,your boost phone will have it so you need them both to compare and write the correct values from the cricket/spr one to yours and then reload and reset that apk as system,also it is not called "phoneasmodem.APK"but is only injected into another .apk i dont remember which one it is in,i will try to look thru my notes when i return to my office and update this so you guys will know where to look,but its not hard to find,i found it.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Can u please enlighten us on how u found it ?

CDMA GURUS Booster

Its simple,I looked.
    You will need a tool to open/edit both apk and jar files,look for diagcommands.jar in the frameworks folder and also the modem files and hiddenlibrary files there,probly named hiddenlib.jar but dont remember for sure and then on the /system/app side look at the corresponding folders, names will be a bit different but you will see them,look thru them and compare with a cricket or sprints apps and edit accordingly then be sure to set as sys app when you re-inject,and since reocovery is wack for those 2 phones you may go thru a phone or 2 to get the outcome you want if your not careful.but in any case be sure to save the original dump in case it can help you out if you mess up.
    good luck.
    I will tell you this,If you are patient there will probly be a solution coming soon,I sent my files/dumps over to another high level tech/friend who requested them and who is going to finish this project in the coming days.
    Last edited by rich hathaway; 05-14-2014 at 10:57 AM.

See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

CDMA GURUS Booster

A quick update,I got the Phone as Modem app ported over to the boost phone today.see below.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

unfortunately thats not all thats required to enable the data port,the other tech i am working with disabled the msl requirement for the ##diag# menu but when i tried that today it kills function for that menu.anyway a little progress is being made in our spare time.

Newb

theres a way to do it.....

adb shell
    su
    setprop sys.usb.config charge_only,diag,adb
    walla diag port is enabled and you can read and write to it....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast