Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Apprentice

Default Sprint iphone 4 flashed to metropcs: Says failed to activate, unable to ota activate

Okay so i've been Flashing iPhones for a while now so im accustom to how flashing works just to clear that up, I've found the DFS Solution to MMS works quite well with Sprint/Vzw Iphones for Metro/Cricket.

The only Problem is which has been bugging me since IOS6 Was released is that when im finished flashing a Sprint iphone 4 to Metro 50% of the time it'll start giving me that Iphone is not activated (ignore/retry) error. Data / talk / text / apps and everything Works fine, But when i apply the MMS fix with Cydia and allow it to reboot and Restart Springboard still doesnt activate when i Apply Full PRL/MMS fix.

Usually When Ios5.1.1 was on itunes i would just apply a Full Restore and Reflash and that would fix it because Sprint Iphones don't allow OTA updating like i would have fixed it with a Verizon one.

So thats my problem, How do we fix this Iphone is not activated problem without restoring temporarily until the Untethered Jailbreak is out for IOS6?

Because MMS will not work with half of the Sprint iphones i flash which is a big Feature everybody wants..Any suggestions? thanks in advance.

Apprentice

Default Re: Sprint iphone 4 flashed to metropcs: Says failed to activate, unable to ota activ

Any Help at all? Almost 50 views and not anything? I'm not the type to just sit and wait for someone to tell me how to do something, I've tried a number of things and to no avail, This site has helped with a number of issues whether its Android or Iphone Related flashing problems and challenges, But as this is my first post and I haven't found any other solutions i was hoping for at least a point in the right direction. Thanks again.

Apprentice

Default Re: Sprint iphone 4 flashed to metropcs: Says failed to activate, unable to ota activ

Dude, I'm having the same problem. No idea. But I also don't spend days on end messing with only iPhones specifically. I wish people would consider being a little more helpful. At least say, yes, it can be done, no, it can't, or pay for a solution....but something.

BANNED

I have had a few iPhones like this and I don't know what the issue is. I just give the customer their flashed iPhone and their money back and get them out of my stores but last week I was talking with another guy who has this issue and he told me it was an iTunes registration error? I don't know if that makes since but I haven't had another one that did this since then.

I have no idea if this will do anything and the source isn't someone I know real well but I figured since you guys have gotten no response you might as well try this if you haven't already

Thanks,

elisa191

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

the problem is your phone looses its activation ticket in which case the carrier logo nor the mms will work until its restored.this usually occurs on the sprint phones because they have by default ota broken in several places,if you have a vzw with prob,it is most likely a account or prl/sid error or you are simply in a "place" where you cannot ota such as [for cricket] an aws market or similar for other carriers.

is there a way to fix/ there is. is there a free public way? no there isnt if there were iphone flashing would be free from one of the legitemate sources and it is not.

you can use my tool in where it will load the correct commcenter patch and my custom bundle for most any carrier that fixes your filesys to allow ota on the sprint phones.
    also i have a manual way to do this in the aws markets for those guys "stuck" with no activation,if you need this hit me up on skype in the tool support,i will only do this for clients,i simply cannot offer free support for those that have used dfs or one of the stolen tools.there are only ty and myself working support to help hundreds of peeps so be patient if it takes a while for one of us to get to you.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Apprentice

Default Sprint iphone 4 flashed to metropcs: Says failed to activate, unable to ota activate

Rich,

I can completely respect that, and I totally understand where you're coming from. But here's my 2 cents, if it's worth anything. First of all, I would like to be on the same level as you guys and so I can help YOU guys with solutions too (no, I wouldn't charge the true gurus). I'm learning programming now, so maybe in the near future that's a possibility. I used to be a proud premium member here, but it seems like all the material in there is old. And anytime something gets asked, especially about this Apple stuff, the only we are given is, spend more money. Now I'll be honest, and I hope your respect my honesty. I do use the guys that only charge a monthly fee for unlimited flashes. Ya know why? So I only have to charge the end user $90. I'm not greedy. I would LOVE to use your program Rich, because I respect you and everyone what I consider elite, but then I'm back to charging $150 a flash again. Now, I don't know the behind the scenes "thievery" that took place, and if I did, I might not use their program either based off principle.

So, I'm still stuck on this iPhone Sprint no activation stuff. I've tried your patch. The phone booted just fine. I couldn't run any dialer commands, but I'm not sure if that's exactly what commenter is used for. I tried amoamare's solution to reset the msl and do an ota. nothing. So, is there any more help? Any more research I can do? I know Android fairly well, but Apple seems to be written completely different.

Thanks, and I hope I didn't offend anyone

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by cbernardo13; 11-12-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast