Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Apprentice

Default Re: Sprint iphone 4 flashed to metropcs: Says failed to activate, unable to ota activ

Quote Originally Posted by Discodisco209 View Post
    Im glad to see my thread back to Life and im also glad i wasn't the only one dealing with this Sprint Activation problem.

Now it seems that on a rare occasion that some Sprint Iphones that don't activate dont even get Data, Just Bars but no circle or 3G.

Ill try using your Bundle Rich, see if that gets data or the activation through, thanks.

And as far as the discussion on pricing, I charge my Customers $75 to Full flash their Sprint/VZW Iphone to MetroPCS, a little less for Cricket, $110 if they need new account

Preflashed iphones starting at $275 for 8GB with free flash.

Why these prices? Because like someone pointed out before me, Giving our Customers the best deal possible is what gets your name out there.

And me and my brother have been established locally for about 4-5 years now when QPST was the only way to flash and we were selling droid 1's for $225, the good ol days

Writing APK scripts for MMS and whatnot, it was a bitch but my brother started out manually flashing Phones and xbox 360's

Being the cheapest doesn't always mean your the one to go first, it means you strive to provide more efficient ways and cheaper ways of getting your customers what they want.

We've established good relationships with most of the Metro/Cricket stores in the area which is why we get discounted on ESN changes and New activations, and we extend those savings to our customer base, Being Established, (which is hard with everything automated now) Professional and working with stores and knowing how to manually flash all the phones you work on is the key in this business, other stores who use automated solutions and get MIP behavior and Profiles all F***ed up and we charge a low fee to fix their mistakes and gaining a customer in the process

If you can't manually flash a phone correctly and root it and get every feature working without automated solutions then getting in this business is a waste of your time, period.

Even with my low prices i still get customers who complain on how long it takes, which is usually 1-2 hours maybe 3 if there iphones on 6.0.1 with tethered jailbreak, Honestly some would rather pay high prices and have it done with an automated competitor then have it done right and end up back to us to have it fixed. smh
    I think you and I have the same philosophy. I can flash phones, and I never usually ask for help much except on these new phones. I also can use qpst, and when I used to just do this for a hobby, that was all I used. iPhones are completely different. I have still yet to get this Sprint problem figured out. It is a complete different entity then Android's, which is why I give the upmost respect to the people that have figured it out.

Apprentice

Default Re: Sprint iphone 4 flashed to metropcs: Says failed to activate, unable to ota activ

Quote Originally Posted by cbernardo13 View Post
    I think you and I have the same philosophy. I can flash phones, and I never usually ask for help much except on these new phones. I also can use qpst, and when I used to just do this for a hobby, that was all I used. iPhones are completely different. I have still yet to get this Sprint problem figured out. It is a complete different entity then Android's, which is why I give the upmost respect to the people that have figured it out.
    Yes the Sprint Iphone that was giving me problems was one of my own Preflashed ones in stock with IOS 5.0 that my brother mistakenly bought thinking we can untether jailbreak and Install commcenter patch for, So ill have that put aside so i can tweak with the FileSys and see if i can install a custom bundle and try to get *228 to go through and get it updated and activated.

I appreciate your advice Rich and understand that non-customers won't get this fix for free and i can respect that, but as i Charge $75 per flash i cant afford to pay for your $75 programming fee just for that fix. But thanks for pointing me in the right Direction again.

Bernardo ill keep you posted on what i come up with, if this thread closes ill start another

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Discodisco209 View Post
    Yes the Sprint Iphone that was giving me problems was one of my own Preflashed ones in stock with IOS 5.0 that my brother mistakenly bought thinking we can untether jailbreak and Install commcenter patch for, So ill have that put aside so i can tweak with the FileSys and see if i can install a custom bundle and try to get *228 to go through and get it updated and activated.

I appreciate your advice Rich and understand that non-customers won't get this fix for free and i can respect that, but as i Charge $75 per flash i cant afford to pay for your $75 programming fee just for that fix. But thanks for pointing me in the right Direction again.

Bernardo ill keep you posted on what i come up with, if this thread closes ill start another
    Thanks Disco, I appreciate it. Sometimes it would be nice we could have an elite group that shared information within that group. That was what I thought CDMA Gurus, especially the Premium Section was all about; helping each other out with exclusive information within this particular group. If you ever want to get on gtalk and collab, i'm at the same screen name @gmail. Thanks Disco

Apprentice

Thanks Disco, I appreciate it. Sometimes it would be nice we could have an elite group that shared information within that group. That was what I thought CDMA Gurus, especially the Premium Section was all about; helping each other out with exclusive information within this particular group. If you ever want to get on gtalk and collab, i'm at the same screen name @gmail. Thanks Disco
    Well, Considering that we didn't pay for the programming fee I can understand why were not getting the same help as Loyal customers, $75 to program is not something that i can implement in my business as im the cheapest throughout my valley offering customers discount after discount whether its Factory unlocks / repairs / Flashing / Preflashed iphones and androids. Rich deserves to be paid for his solution as he and the other two-three guys who helped him started from the ground up, I used to use DFS when they first came out but charging my customers $100+ just for an existing flash, most weren't down with it and i wasnt either even though it was very early for iphone flashing then.

If someone Backward engineered MY solution and implemented it into an Automated Software that i worked so hard for id be bitter too, Cashing out on my hardwork.

I completely understand why Rich takes extra precautions to only help Paying customers, If your looking for %150 Honest work and the best iphone customer service then id recommend to download his tool, Each iphone you flash with them will be completely legit with them always ready to help if you run into problems in the future (customers Restoring or Resetting network settings or something that they come to you for) & if you can sell $100+ existing flash to your customers then go for it, Just in my area its not cost-effective anymore as all my competitors are all automated flashers with almost no knowledge on apple flashing other then jailbreaking and using open SSH -__- But as i am still cheaper then them and manually flash almost all the phones i work on My customer base is more loyal and growing

Its not just about the cost of your flash, its the customer service, Honesty & Your knowledge based on the variety of phones you flash, helping customers who mess their own phones up months after the sale goes a long way, maybe a $10-15 fee for programming but thats about all i charge.

I see my competitors tryna charge $25-40 for Reflash when the PRL is reset on there Customers Metro flashed device, When really they should be offering that for free since the Customer had no part in that OTA update happening, then they come to me and i charge just $10 since the phone wasn't originally flashed with me, then after that $10 charge its free from then on every time it happens. But anyways, I haven't got a chance to work on the iphone yet bernardo, i might get a chance this weekend though ill let you know.

Apprentice

Any luck on this Disco?

Apprentice

Any luck on this Disco?

I've had three of my sprint iphones put aside and all three of them on 6.0.1 since i tried a full restore to see if the activation ticket would go through, I noticed that the Tethered jailbreak affects the activation when i try to Reprogram and have to restart in order to apply changes and boot into tethered.

No luck yet, After i patched the Commcenter im still tryna figure out the right custom bundle to Install so it can adjust the filesys and i can call *228 and get latest roaming list to get it to activate.

Geez man I Can't wait for the untethered jailbreak for 6.0.1 to release -__- CMON RICH HELP ME OUT WITH THIS CUSTOM BUNDLE!! I rarely have downtime to try and figure this out on my own.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast