Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newb

Default Sprint mvnos getting BYOSD program (Bring Your Own Sprint Device).

Sprint, which quashed byod mvnos before like Liberty Wireless is now officially sanctioning and launching the BYOSD Initiative. A pilot program in which some of their mvnos are allowed to activate clean esn/off contract Sprint postpaid devices to the PLBL data base with no hassles.

There are currently some restrictions to this program. Not every mvno has it (Only Kajeet and minor league newcomes Prepayd and Eco Mobile officially have it. Newcomer but relative heavyweight Ting will be getting it soon.).

No iphones, Blackberries, Push to talk devices, bad esn devices, non Sprint devices, Boost/Virgin Mobile phones, LTE phones and WEB OS devices are allowed.

Windows Phone/Mobile, Android, Feature phones and Wimax phones ARE allowed. It is possible that other PLBL Sprint mvno phones are allowed too.

Activation is done manually via call center and takes anywhere from 20 minutes to a week depending on the carrier.

Phones must have a master reset done on them first . Wimax phones may take longer because of Mac Address activations with Clear/Wimax network.

Once a Sprint postpaid device is in the PLBL esn data base, it CANNOT go back to being a regular Postpaid Sprint device. It can however be flashed to non Sprint networks like Page Plus, Cricket, etc.

MMS/Picture mail can be an issue with some phones (like the Samsung Instinct. ). But all in all even with restrictions this is a GIANT step for Sprint mvnos. Sprint mvnos have always competed by offering the best paygo/unlimited plans but with other Big 4 mvnos getting more aggressive and matching their advantages, they have to go address their weakpoint of no byod . My hope is that the more larger and better established Sprint mvnos start getting it too soon. Like Platinum Tel, Total Call, Ready, STI, etc. Kajeet is the only major one with it so far and their price plans aren't too competitive.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: Sprint mvnos getting BYOSD program (Bring Your Own Sprint Device).

hmm,maybe we will see the day when sprint allows byod non-sprint to its mvno's or maybe even to sprints master network,now that they dont control there own destiny anymore.that would be sweet,since cricket is rumored to be getting out the byod market and going to 4g cricket aws only.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

There's a lot of MVNO's that are up and coming. Verizon has a few coming out also.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

CDMA GURUS Booster

ya verizon has several. i am in bussiness with one of vzw's mvno's.

See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by rich hathaway View Post
    ya verizon has several. i am in bussiness with one of vzw's mvno's.
    What mvnos does Verizon have besides Page Plus, Next G, Talk 4 Good ?

Also, current Sprint mvnos with byosd are : Ting (in beta), Prepayd, Eco, Chit Chat , Peeps, Kajeet.
    Total Call to get. Boost mobile is a prepaid division not an mvno but has byosd too.

CDMA GURUS Booster

boost has byod?that is news to me.
    Last edited by rich hathaway; 12-23-2012 at 12:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast