Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Newb

Default can't downgrade iphone 4 from iOS 6.0 to iOS 5.1.1

hi,

I recently upgraded the iphone to iOS 6.0 and I want to downgrade it back to 5.1.1. But, everytime i try to downgrade it, itunes keeps giving me a "1394" error message.

I have researched this error online a lot and i tried everything that was posted online in order to downgrade and bypass this error message but i had no luck.

if some kind soul would help me get this phone downgrade to 5.1.1 I would be greatful! I would appreciate it if someone could help me through teamviewer and skype.

thank you in advance.

Newb

Default Re: can't downgrade iphone 4 from iOS 6.0 to iOS 5.1.1

Downgrading is a hot mess and I couldn't find clear instructions on how to do it, either. Here's the result of some time in my life I'll never get back. This assumes you have your SHSH blobs backed up on your computer or Cydia and already have the correct 5.1.1 IPSW:

If you don't already have it, install TinyUmbrella. Have it do its thing to get your SHSH.

Fire up the latest redsn0w and go to "Extras", "SHSH blobs", "Stitch" and have it build a custom IPSW with your SHSH blobs.

When that finishes, go back and select "Pwned DFU".

Make sure you've started TinyUmbrella's server and do the shift-restore trick on iTunes to restore your custom IPSW.

After the restore finishes, go back into Redsn0w one final time and under "Extras", do "Recovery fix".

You should now be successfully downgraded. If this helped, hit thanks.