Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newb

HELP! VZ iPhone 4 jb/flashed to cricket: No Data Issue + Fully Flash questions (MMS)

I know I'm not breaking new ground on these questions but I can't find specific answers to my situation that are not outdated or wrong(-ish). I want to thank you guys for checking this post out and to let everyone know that any insight that you my have on this situation is very much appreciated.

Background: I just got my phone JB and flashed over to Cricket Wireless in July by a shady gent at a Wash DC area mall. It was able to Call/Text/Shitty Roaming Data. I was informed that I was not able to send MMS and true to his word; It would not work.

(Smash-cut to Saturday morning) after downloading an update on Cydia, my iPhone goes into an Apple Logo Boot Loop. I stopped freaking out and learn how to restore, JB and unlock using Redsn0w. I followed the the suggested steps on youtube, CDMAguru, etc. and got the texting/calling back but this time no data/MMS and I get shitty service.

The Questions:

1) What can I do to get at least the data back? I did the Cricket carrier / commcenter bundle in Cydia but still no dice.

2) Is there a CDMAtool like software that's free or at least cheaper so Im not paying twice?

3) I tried *228, *22804, *22806 as suggested and it keeps saying cannot activate cellular device. When I call *22801 it goes to Verizon. what is that an indicator of? (I believe that's to set my data) which one is the correct one and why is it still going to vz? (It went to cricket the day I put it on a cricket plan)

4) If I get this resolved, how can I get MMS working on my phone? Will I need to do yet another flash to get MMS working?

*I mainly use the phone in the Wash Dc/ Northern Va area*

Phone Info:

iPhone 4
    5.1.1(9B206)
    CDMA (Verizon)

JB/unlock tool:

Redsn0w (9.14b2)
    Flashing tool:

unknown as of yet
    (Tech who did the Flash was "out of the office" today but they stated that they will call me back as soon as he's in)

Default Re: HELP! VZ iPhone 4 jb/flashed to cricket: No Data Issue + Fully Flash questions (M

A few things, DC is an AWS market, most likely why your data was roaming before.
    For a cheaper alternative than cdmatool try [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by whitey10tc; 08-21-2012 at 12:38 AM.

Newb

Default Re: HELP! VZ iPhone 4 jb/flashed to cricket: No Data Issue + Fully Flash questions (M

yeah, I remember having a data issue with a droid X I flashed due to the AWS situation around my area. Thanks for the software suggestion.

Newb

***Update***
    So a little bit of ranting before I go into things:

So after talking to "Jennifer" via DCCricket.com Chat, I went back to the cellphone store under the impression that the flashing tech was there (Do not believe the anyone in the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] chatroom). I asked "her" if the iPhone flashing tech was there right now and she flat out lied to me and said "yes, I'm looking right at him". Turns out that they lie to you to just get you into the store, ****ing scumbags. I show up and they all act confused to who "Jennifer" was and that he wont be there till 7 If not later. They also had no idea what I was talking about when it came to flashing my phone. Then they refused to give any advice and wanted another 100 bucks to re-flash it.

What happened to Honor amongst Thieves? We are all trying to get a better user experience at a cheaper price point than AT&T, VZ, and Sprint. By flashing our phones to cheaper plans, it shows the Big Three that they have priced themselves out of the market and somewhat helps alleviate the high cost if even a little. I understand charging for the service because CDMAtool cost money but you don't need to be a conniving piece of shit to get my money. It should be about people helping people, but sadly that's a Utopian view. We live in a world were its actually ok to be a one way ****er.

I don't think I would be as pissed if I didn't drive 3 & 1/2hrs round trip to find out I was lied to. **** you; you know who you are.

The Situation:
    So I, with the help of another outdated forum, got back my Talk/Text back but still no Data/MMS using the following steps:

1) Dial ##626
    2) Enter SPC Password (numeric pw): OOOOOO (when I asked Cricket they stated its 333333 but that didn't work)
    3) Enter MDN: Your cell number
    4) Enter MIN: May be different than your cell number if you ported your number over (It was different for me; your carrier has your MIN# on file)

The Question(s)

1) What can I do to get my data back?

Quote Originally Posted by OIIOIO View Post

The Question(s)

1) What can I do to get my data back?
    To get the data back it will need to be re-flashed, There's not an easier nor hard way around it.
    The tool I recommended earlier has great support via skype and here in the forums [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] , the bonus you would have there is once your phone is flashed with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] then if you ever need to reset, update, etc. you can simply just re-flash it. (Unlimited flashes per device)

For the bad experience with the dealer, dccricket, I'm not familiar with them. But it's a known tactic to use a woman's name in a chat for sales, that's why they were confused. For them reflashing it, my receipts given to my customers clearly state I don't re-flash if they reset, install ROM's, etc. Although most dealers/flashers are flexible and the ones that aren't don't care about the customer.

Newb

yeah, I wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing something or there is a way around it but as you said; its basically my only option.

1) Is there a separate fix for the mms issue?

2) How do I enable carrier settings on Itunes 10.6? I've googled and found nothing but old ways that dont work9 (for me at least)

3) Will facetime always state that it is awaiting activation?

I saw this post and was wondering if this would work in my situation but i cant seem to get the ipcc file loaded onto the iphone

here is the mms fix

go to cydia add the source
    v.backspace.jp/repo (thanks to rich for this)
    install comm center patch
    wait until it installs
    enable carrier testing in itunes (google enable carrier settings itunes windows)
    download this ipcc I made
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    on itunes click update while holding the shift button
    choose iphone/ipad carrier conf........
    choose the us_zeppelin.bundle.ipcc
    it will update carrier settings
    go to general then about if it took it will say Cricket12.1
    that fixes mms.....
    give thanks when thanks is do

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast