Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Apprentice

Default MMS working, last QUESTION about the ERROR "iPhone is not activated, Ignore or Retry"

MMS is working now. it is the order of the steps that messed it up.

i realized i had to do it in this order: load the bunddle, use the tool, and then OTA or manual program the MDN and MIN.

last question:

on some of the iphone 4 (original firmware, without any flashing), you will see a message saying "iPhone is not activated, Ignore or Retry".

after i flash everything, including using the tool to write the data parameter, that error never goes away. i always have to tap "ignore" if that pops up.

that doesn't really affect how i use the phone, but:
    1. it is annoying
    2. when the phone is in this state, it doesn't show any carrier name or carrier logo (original or the flashed carrier).

i talked to rich before, he said this is the "authentication activation", and the tool should take care that automatically. but even after using the tool, it still has this problem.

any idea?

thanks!

BABY NEWB

Default Re: MMS working, last QUESTION about the ERROR "iPhone is not activated, Ignore or Re

Rich had me remove the carrier bundle and that fix the activation. I only had one do that. White 32gb verizon 4

Apprentice

Default Re: MMS working, last QUESTION about the ERROR "iPhone is not activated, Ignore or Re

so what exactly triggers the "iphone is activated" message?

i know a successful OTA does it, because that happens when i OTA a iphone that is flashed to page plus.

but i cannot OTA a cricket, guess it is because of my area.

i know there are verizon or sprint iphones that will activate itself even without OTA, i guess that is because they still have a number associated with them some how.

but if the phone doesn't activate itselt, or if i cannot do the OTA, the will just stuck at a "unactivated state". i can still talk text and web, but mms usually have problem in this state (i am not sure if it is 100% related).

what can i do to a phone in such un-activated state?

Premium Member

are you guys willing to share how to get rid of "not activated" pop up message?

Apprentice

i got this directly from rich. install cc patch center. install criket carrier bundle. make sure your phone has the metro pcs prl installed. *22804 to download latest metro pcs roaming list. after this the phone will say activated. Remove the cricket carrier bundle if you are not going to use it for cricket. On top you will now see that the phone is activated. Flash to what ever company you want. sprint ota will now show anymore. I did this with a sprint iphone that had that annoying "phone is not activated".

Apprentice

what if the MEID is not even activate with metro? the *22804 still works?

also, what if i am not in metro's home market?

thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast