Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Apprentice

Default iPhone 4 flashed to Cricket, 3G data works, no MMS, also need help understand SID

so i have flashed a iphone 4 to cricket, talk text 3G web works. but MMS doesn't work.

pretty standard procedures, jailbreak, Comm patch and Cricket bundle via easyflash studio repo.

first question: while flashing, what exactly should i put for SID?

- does it go by the AREA CODE of the phone number?

- does it go by the AREA where i am using the phone? if so, what should i do if i am not in a home area of cricket? do i use the closest one?

second question: does SID has something to do with my mms problem? if not, what could it nybe? i thought with the right carrier bundle (from your repo), if the data works, mms should work, correct?

last question: about the flash software, what is going to happen with *228 after the flash? things remain unchanged? or will be wiped out?

thanks a lot!

Newb

Default Re: iPhone 4 flashed to Cricket, 3G data works, no MMS, also need help understand SID

yes I DO 4 IPHONE AND INTERNET WORKING NO MMS CAN YOU PLEASE POST THE SOLUTION AND PLEASE MORE INSTRUCTIONS

BABY NEWB

Default Re: iPhone 4 flashed to Cricket, 3G data works, no MMS, also need help understand SID

superkefei, what are code are you in. I know your in a paygo market and I think it was in New York. I can find out the correct sid from my cricket rep for your area.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by captainkirks View Post
    superkefei, what are code are you in. I know your in a paygo market and I think it was in New York. I can find out the correct sid from my cricket rep for your area.
    hey kirk, good memory.

i am in endicott, my area code is 607, zip code is 13760. i know i am not gonna get anything local, the closest cricket market is in syracuse, NY. (i think...)

this is my question, like say i activate a number that is in the west coast market, but i want to test the phone in upstate new york. do i put the SID closest to where i am located? or the SID of the market which the number belong to?

also, do i need to change the SID as i travel? (i am too used to the page plus / verizon *228, not familiar with manual programming...)

lastly, if i can get the data to work, does it mean SID is good? and the mms problem is just related to something other than the SID?

thanks for your time again!

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by superkefei View Post
    hey kirk, good memory.

i am in endicott, my area code is 607, zip code is 13760. i know i am not gonna get anything local, the closest cricket market is in syracuse, NY. (i think...)

this is my question, like say i activate a number that is in the west coast market, but i want to test the phone in upstate new york. do i put the SID closest to where i am located? or the SID of the market which the number belong to?

also, do i need to change the SID as i travel? (i am too used to the page plus / verizon *228, not familiar with manual programming...)

lastly, if i can get the data to work, does it mean SID is good? and the mms problem is just related to something other than the SID?

thanks for your time again!
    I am in the same boat as you, data yes...mms no. i dont have a bundle since my carrier is really small so I have to manually add the mmsc. I followed the metropcs instructions posted by another user here but the mms never seems to leave my phone. something else is barring it from being sent out to the network.....

Newb

It would be great if one of you guys could help me get 3G working on my verizon iPhone.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast