Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Newb

Testing Cricket PRL? Verify correct network is active?

Hey guys, sorry if this is not the right section for this, if it isnt, sorry, i wasnt sure where to post.

I just flashed a droid 2 over to cricket. i used PRL 49027 for san diego. I have not activated the phone on my cricket account yet.

I am in Los Angeles where cricket does not have their own towers. Is there any way to test that the PRL worked and that i am actually on the cricket network? I have to drive down to oceanside, 75 miles, in order to get on the actual cricket network in order to *228. I would like to verify that my flash over worked properly before i pay $15 to activate the phone and drive 150 miles round trip.

Right now, if i try to dial a number, i get a Boooop tone then automation answers and says push 1 to make a collect call.... is this the cricket network???

under android settings>about phone>status>

Network: Unknown
    Signal: -87dbm
    net type: CDMA - EvDo rev. A
    Service: in service
    roaming: not roaming
    mobile net state: Connecting (wont connect because not programmed from cricket tower yet, i believe)

I appreciate your time!

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: Testing Cricket PRL? Verify correct network is active?

well,thats not cricket,thats roaming. you need a local or somewhat local sid and prl in your phone to get to cricket.but what ever you have loaded on your phone,if you have a reading of -87dbm well that is indicitive of a very strong signal (-50 being the best) but generally -50 to -80 is considered 5 bars and very strong.
    if you cant find a sid for cricket for your area u can use the vzw sid of 2004 but really if you ota the phone it will write the correct values for you for t-t.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by rich hathaway View Post
    well,thats not cricket,thats roaming. you need a local or somewhat local sid and prl in your phone to get to cricket.but what ever you have loaded on your phone,if you have a reading of -87dbm well that is indicitive of a very strong signal (-50 being the best) but generally -50 to -80 is considered 5 bars and very strong.
    if you cant find a sid for cricket for your area u can use the vzw sid of 2004 but really if you ota the phone it will write the correct values for you for t-t.
    I went back and checked my PRL in the settings and it looks like it didnt take the PRL the first time. So i sent the prl again and rebooted. now i have the correct prl. My level is now -101dbm...

I updated my sid from verizon 2004 to cricket san diego @ 4729

But i am guessing that until i get into san diego territorry and on a cricket tower, there is nothing more i can do huh?

When i do get to sd, should i do a *228 or *22804? i do not know the difference and i have seen both talked about.

Now when i do a *228 it says "LA03 message 8 your phone is not authorized for service at this time" ...is this the cricket network??? If i call customer service and authorize the new phone, do you think activation will work??
    Last edited by Jared Wagner; 07-20-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Newb

Yes, it is active and working properly.