Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Apprentice

Default Need some help with Verizon iphone 4 (bad esn) to work with cricket

Hi guys,

when it comes to flash to cricket, i did some sprint iphone 4 to cricket without much problem.

now when i try to do the same flash with a verizon bad esn iphone 4, i have some problem:

i follow the standard procedure: jailbreak, cydia.easystudio.com, commcenter patch, PRL update, Cricket Bundle.

at this point, Unlike the sprint flash, which the Cricket logo shows up next to the signal bar, there is nothing on this verizon iphone, just the plain singal bars. and keep getting a pop up saying "iPhone is not activated, contact 800-274-2538".

i believe in my area, i cannot OTA with cricket (this is just my guess, because i had the same problem while working on a sprint iphone 4), so i manually programmed the phone with the MDN and MIN.

after the manual programming, i can start making and receiving phone calls, butthe pop saying "iphone is not activated, contact 800-274-2538" still shows up once awhile. and no cricket logo.

then, i was able to change the data settings to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], and cricket as the password. but still getting no data.

this phone is on $55 monthly plan with cricket.

this is the problem i have. my biggest concern is not even the data, i just want to know why there is no cricket logo, and the iPhone is not activated pop-up never goes away.

is there any difference between the verizon and sprint way to flash to cricket?

sorry about the long post, please give me some idea.

thanks!

BABY NEWB

Default Re: Need some help with Verizon iphone 4 (bad esn) to work with cricket

When you call 611 is going to verizon or cricket? Might try different prl thats in the pasckages.

Apprentice

thanks kirk, i will try the other PRL in just a second, in the process of restoring the phone.

so there shouldn't be any problem flashing a verizon bad esn to cricket, right?

why don't i see the carrier logo like the when i flash the sprint to cricket?

Apprentice

UPDATE:
    i have changed a couple different PRL, still the same problem.

i have tested the *611, goes right to cricket.

but no carrier logo, and in setting, phone, my number is unknown, no number under contacts either.

but incoming and out going call works.

any clue?

this is just my demo line, i don't mind post the number so a cricket dealer can take a look my account? maybe something to do with that? but again, talking works fine...

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

well [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] is not the pass its the user,the pass is cricket and yes there is a difference in the cricket and the sprint flash,other than the spc,it requires/uses a different bundle with different carrrier settings.the logo could be for several different reasons.chk the bundle version if you injected the spr bundle the logo will not work on the vzw phone and visa-versa.repos are not always correct when "picking" what carrier and activation token is being used,so could be your vzw phone has had the spr bundle injected.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Apprentice

check the carrier bundle, i am pretty sure it is verizon, because i see 310VZW everywhere. (by the way, i got this right from easyflashstudio repo)
    still no logo, and says "iPhone is not be activated".
    restore and redo it, same problem. any suggestion?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast