Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Newb

I think I'm screwed...Verizon iPhone flash to Cricket in NY

Since my Verizon contract is almost over and I did not want to renew till the new iPhone is out, I have tried to flash iPhone 4 CDMA iOS 5.1.1 to Cricket - I think I have failed

While reading all the flashing tutorials either I have missed it or it wasn't mentioned that one of the hardest parts of flashing the iPhone is getting your MEID on the Cricket system. I think in NY they don't allow it - I'm waiting to hear back from Cricket since I gave them my iPhone's converted MEID and they are "escalating" it.

Today my iPhone is not working

After flashing my iPhone, I don't see any carrier name listed in the upper left hand corner. Under General settings there is no network.

When I try to dial out, it asks me if I want to make a collect call. Any combination of # numbers to activate it, doesn't work. When someone tries to call me on my iPhone (still with Verizon) it goes straight to voicemail as if my phone is switched off (not on the network).

I have even tried to reload iOS 5.1.1 hoping that I can at least still connect on the Verizon network - no luck.

I have used flashing method posted on [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] w/[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Is there anything I can do to put iPhone back on the Verizon network? If that's not an option, I guess I have to move forward with trying to get it working on Cricket. Based on my information, is adding iPhone's MEID to Cricket database the last step I need? If that's the case, where do I seek help?

I don't think going to one of the Cricket retailers (Best Buy) in this case will do the trick.

Thank you for any help/suggestions/words of encouragement

Default Re: I think I'm screwed...Verizon iPhone flash to Cricket in NY

I really hate delivering bad news but someone has to tell you. There is no longer a way for you to add your verizon or sprint iphone meid to cricket's database. since signing a contract with apple and and therefor adopting the iphone into thier phone lineup, they have advised all dealers nationwide to not allow anymore iphone flashes over to cricket. they have their own iphone now and any dealer who flashes another iphone risks having their liscense/contract terminated. Stay tuned though, I promise you will benefit from a premium membership here. The real goods on the cdma iphone is right around the corner and I guarantee the gurus website will be the source. So you cant go through a dealer anymore. "hint hint" lol

Newb

Thanks for the reply.

Newb BABY NEWB

wish i would have known that, but my issue was not having shsh blobs when trying to flash over a i4

Newb

interesting....good to know.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

there are still 2 ways to get your iphone meid on cricket,but if you wish to put it back to verizon,you will need to do a full "dfu"restore,using the dfu mode of the phone erases everything and gets the phone back to "0" simple restoring the phone thru itunes from normal or restore mode will keep some of the carrier settngs and other settings that were in the phone already. but like i said you can still get your phone on the network for cricket.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast