Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Premium Member

Flashed EVO 4G To Cricket Now Keeps Shutting Off??

I have an EVO 4G, after a brief time off from flashing, I started back into it, first I flashed it fully working to Page Plus, then I flashed it to Cricket after I found a friendly dealer in another area to activate it for me, since I dont have cricket stores yet.

I have Talk Text Web and Apps working, but now since I have flashed it to Cricket the phone just shuts down, not like powering off, just goes off and I have to rehold the power button and have it boot up again. And the battery has power.

Also seems to happen after I start watching youtube videos or load an app, which does load up fully.

This started the same day of the flash, never did it on Page Plus.

Anyone else have this issue? Or know a fix?

Or is maybe the phone just taking a crap on me? I know for sure it needs a new battery at least.

Thanks for any help guys.

Default Re: Flashed EVO 4G To Cricket Now Keeps Shutting Off??

Battery would be my first guess. Then the ROM a second guess. Then depending on the area, I would look at the EVRC setting. My old Vogue would do similar and it was an EVRC problem. Never did figure out why.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

also,this is probly "not" why but chk your memory on the phone.once they start getting full the phone will kinda reboot,it must have some free memory to function.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Premium Member

What should my evrc settings be? And its the stock evo 4g rom.
    Im located in so cal.

Rich,

The phones memory should b okay, its clear of all photos contacts and only has factory apps on it.

Ill try a new battery. Thanks for the ideas guys. This is my first cricket experience.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

just fyi mark,the photos are stored on the sd,they take up alot of space and your phone doesnt have that much internal storage so by default they will only store to external.look at the phones internal storage not so much its external storage.it only has if i remember right 1g of internal and 512 of ram.not saying its what is wrong,but just throwing that out there.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Premium Member

Thanks Rich,

I checked it out, I have a good majority of my memory available internally at this time.

I think I left the page plus apk file in it that APN Back up and Restore uses. Think that might be causing part of the issue? Since the phones on cricket now? Which I have everything working on it fyi.