PDA

View Full Version : Meid repair of iphone is possible

rich hathaway
06-07-2012, 04:31 PM
we can now repair meid of iphone. this is not a discussion for this topic it is forbidded to discuss here.

this is just informational.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Radicals
06-07-2012, 07:37 PM
Hello Rich, On a way different topic. Not related to this post. I was wondering how much will it be, For You to add my esn/meid to the cricket network. Also what would I need to give you besides money and the esn/meid. thanks

simon32605
06-09-2012, 05:26 PM
can u tell me more about how to change meid please and thnaks

whitey10tc
06-09-2012, 06:49 PM
can u tell me more about how to change meid please and thnaksI believe this is a point blank answer. There is only one place on the forum MEID repair instructions are allowed and it's the premium forum.

we can now repair meid of iphone. this is not a discussion for this topic it is forbidded to discuss here.

this is just informational.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

marley183rd
06-09-2012, 08:22 PM
I believe this is a point blank answer. There is only one place on the forum MEID repair instructions are allowed and it's the premium forum.
why is there no topic on this in the premium forum? will it be posted or no?

whitey10tc
06-09-2012, 09:14 PM
why is there no topic on this in the premium forum? will it be posted or no?There hasn't been one started yet, but hopefully we get one going soon...

marley183rd
06-09-2012, 10:15 PM
There hasn't been one started yet, but hopefully we get one going soon...

This is the stuff legends are made of. I can't wait. you guys are the best. If he posts the solution in the premium section, I'll add my MMS solution for the metropcs iphone. This should be great.......

wizzbangca
06-11-2012, 11:36 AM
As soon as this is posted to the premium forums, and as long as the solution doesn't use CDMA Tools, I'll subscribe. These forums have provided more information than anywhere else, including those clowns from CDMA Tools charging $100 per phone to use their software. They're stupid insane expensive.

sparsebase
06-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Is the phone shown iPhone 4 or iPhone 4s? Does it mean both iPhone 4 and 4s are possible?

smartmazila
07-01-2012, 02:56 AM
As soon as this is posted to the premium forums, and as long as the solution doesn't use CDMA Tools, I'll subscribe. These forums have provided more information than anywhere else, including those clowns from CDMA Tools charging $100 per phone to use their software. They're stupid insane expensive.

I agree, I'ts too expensive

toekneefoo
07-01-2012, 02:32 PM
i cant wait to get started working on this. shouldnt we at least start a post in the premium section and just give our input on what we have tried so far and have accomplished?

rich hathaway
07-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Is the phone shown iPhone 4 or iPhone 4s? Does it mean both iPhone 4 and 4s are possible?

the phone shown is an ip4,its a test phone i have,but it is also possible with iphone 4s verizon,the sprint 4s is having some troubles still but will be possible on it soon as well,it is being worked on.

on another note,lemme hijack my own thread for a min. i will be announcing the release of a new tool to flash iphones this week.i am letting the cat out of the bag a little soon here.iphone4 4s and ipad,ipad2,ipad3

sparsebase
07-03-2012, 03:14 PM
the phone shown is an ip4,its a test phone i have,but it is also possible with iphone 4s verizon,the sprint 4s is having some troubles still but will be possible on it soon as well,it is being worked on.

on another note,lemme hijack my own thread for a min. i will be announcing the release of a new tool to flash iphones this week.i am letting the cat out of the bag a little soon here.iphone4 4s and ipad,ipad2,ipad3

Great to hear. Looking forward to seeing it in the premium forum.

Mr_Scientific
07-06-2012, 05:37 PM
If it's solid I'm in!

quickfixman
07-08-2012, 01:42 PM
will it be in the premo

rich hathaway
07-08-2012, 04:56 PM
yes i will start a thread in the premo section,but its not gonna be for a couple weeks. with the release of the new cdma iphone flash utility i am just to busy right now to keep up with it.

but i will help you guys with the solution for it,please be patient.

gotanmp3
07-08-2012, 11:37 PM
I've been kinda wondering how MEID repair would play out, since the "competition" appears to use MEIDs to validate whether the $100 fee has been paid for a specific iPhone. Why they didn't use the iPhone's actual serial number (the one you use on Apple's site to check warranty status) is beyond me. It's a rather obvious elephant in the room that Straight Talk, Verizon Prepaid, Virgin Mobile, Boost and Ting all unavoidably need a repair solution in order to flash. The latter even semi-officially condones MEID repair on their forum, as Sprint apparently didn't provide them with the tools to add BYOD devices into their inventory. I'm not joking, browse through their customer help forums and you'll see company employees telling customers they can "hack" their phones onto the service.

tigran80
07-10-2012, 01:25 PM
Rich, is your new software gonna flash internet settings also? or just text and talk?

hloroform
07-10-2012, 01:54 PM
I see a great deal of work done. And it is the result. However, more interest is the intention to use the methods of Ip4 on devices of new generation ip4s

rich hathaway
07-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Rich, is your new software gonna flash internet settings also? or just text and talk?

it will give data also for any carrier,but a little info is required for the user. at least at version 1 you will need to know your user name and password for your carrier then just your phone #, min#,sid#,and if you need a different prl. thats it. in the version2 we will start to make these features automatic.

tigran80
07-10-2012, 09:55 PM
post the screenshots please.

gotanmp3
08-01-2012, 03:23 PM
@Rich, I noticed your screen cap shows "Searching..." It seems correcting that is the missing piece of the puzzle.

hondakorn
08-01-2012, 04:12 PM
I thought the searching was related to the meid being all 7's....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Joe Green
08-02-2012, 01:13 PM
I have tried for days trying to get the Esn to stick but it doesn't all that stick is MEid which results in searching for service because they don't match

hondakorn
08-02-2012, 01:32 PM
Using rich's/ydiddys tool? I thought newer cdma phones had meid's..... Not esn. Will it ota update via *228?

rich hathaway
08-02-2012, 05:28 PM
the problem is not getting item "0" to stick,it is hard coded in the phone,so dont waste yer time,you CAN NOT write it,period.there is another way to address this problem.

fyi, when it is done it creates several other problems such as itunes will not respect your phone unless it is in dfu,which that us not such a big deal,i dont even use it for media anyway,there are to many other tools available without the restrictions of itunes.

and 2, if your phone ever "dumps" and iphones do this on occasion youwill be left with no service again until this proccess is redone, and ota will not work anymore as well.

and if happen to have to restore the phone while meid is not original,well then you will be stuck "in limbo" with no way to activate the phone to get back into it.the dealer tool will not even work to activate it nor will a dev account. so beware.i have 3 like that now.
pretty sure there other "bugs" as well.

having said that it does work. but is not perfected.

hondakorn
08-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Thanks for clarifying this.

gotanmp3
08-03-2012, 01:55 AM
and if happen to have to restore the phone while meid is not original,well then you will be stuck "in limbo" with no way to activate the phone to get back into it.the dealer tool will not even work to activate it nor will a dev account. so beware.i have 3 like that now.

I posted this earlier as an edit to another post, so you might've missed it:

Jailbreaking with the latest Redsn0w in DFU mode and installing openssh.deb & openssl.deb ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) to /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall with iPhone Explorer (not sure if the latest version allows jailbreak filesystem access, I used iPhone Explorer 0.992) will allow iPhoneCDMATool to connect.

I've done this several times and was able to get my iPhone back each time. Redsn0w almost gave me a heart attack the first time because it kept crashing at "loading stage 1". Tried it on another computer and it worked fine; I guess it hates my laptop.

xavx2
10-09-2012, 01:16 AM
So is this possible yet? And was this solution posted in Premium?

whitey10tc
10-09-2012, 02:38 AM
So is this possible yet? And was this solution posted in Premium?

possible yes, posted no.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

gotanmp3
10-09-2012, 12:00 PM
All this time, a flashing store in Orlando, FL has been making an absolute killing flashing iPhones to Boost. If it was so illegal, you'd think the police would, you know, go and arrest the store owner(s). More likely, someone just got paid to stay quiet about the solution. :uncomfortableness:

I'm mostly just surprised the Chinese haven't cracked it yet, they're usually right on top of these sort of things.

Whatever. The iPhone 5 is the new hotness now. The Verizon model is unlocked and the AT&T model can be officially unlocked or used as-is with an AT&T MVNO. Now if only App|e will crack the whip at Foxconn and build more of 'em...

edited: What the? Why is the word "App|e" censored here?!

rich hathaway
10-10-2012, 02:07 PM
because apple has mad legal skillzzzz. [i.e. samsung]

there will soon be a full working solution for ip to boost mobile available it works 100% now.it would be out already but we have the 2 or 3 little thieves to worry about now stealing everybody's hard work and posting there jumbled up version of it for free,so now we get to spend weeks of time more and lots of money to secure them,thus making what they say they are doing {stopping i-rape} run wild,because who do you think will have to pay for all the extra time and security spent? the end user {flasher} will,
thank you thieves!!!

mannyhector
10-11-2012, 03:28 PM
because apple has mad legal skillzzzz. [i.e. samsung]

there will soon be a full working solution for ip to boost mobile available it works 100% now.it would be out already but we have the 2 or 3 little thieves to worry about now stealing everybody's hard work and posting there jumbled up version of it for free,so now we get to spend weeks of time more and lots of money to secure them,thus making what they say they are doing {stopping i-rape} run wild,because who do you think will have to pay for all the extra time and security spent? the end user {flasher} will,
thank you thieves!!!

I was wondering how they came up only after it was released by you and pdiddy. The new solution sounds promising.

hondakorn
10-12-2012, 12:24 AM
All this time, a flashing store in Orlando, FL has been making an absolute killing flashing iPhones to Boost. If it was so illegal, you'd think the police would, you know, go and arrest the store owner(s). More likely, someone just got paid to stay quiet about the solution. :uncomfortableness:

I'm mostly just surprised the Chinese haven't cracked it yet, they're usually right on top of these sort of things.

Whatever. The iPhone 5 is the new hotness now. The Verizon model is unlocked and the AT&T model can be officially unlocked or used as-is with an AT&T MVNO. Now if only App|e will crack the whip at Foxconn and build more of 'em...

yeah, thats Cell Brothers. I work in the general area.

xavx2
10-12-2012, 11:47 AM

They can also have somebody that works a sprint that adds the ESN to the database. Some time ago I got a Falcon Sprint Phone, it was a prototype phone that i got at a ebay auction from canada. CDMA. After about 8 calls to Sprint they gave up and just added my phone to the database. In the end i sold the phone back on ebay. But if you have somebody that can add the ESNs to the database you don't need to change the ESNs. O another thing. If you do change the ESN of a phone with the ESN of another phone you actually own and destroy, that is not illegal. ESNs are not controlled by the government like the VINs from cars. The idea is that they don't want you to clone a phone and have two of them working on the same service. Privacy and all. Hopes this clears is up. I am a boost customer and i would love to find a way to fix my iphone. I fixed a lot of ESNs and found way to fix the ENS for new windows mobile phone. i posted them all over. But i just got the iphone so this is something new to me. I will post what ever I find.

smartmazila
10-16-2012, 09:17 PM
hi there, device has no meid and modem firmware, what means this:
Baseband Version (null)
Baseband Boot Loader (null)
here is bad ESN or just ipsw problem?

rich hathaway
10-16-2012, 11:11 PM
it means your phone is a ipod/camera.the chip is corrupt.time to get a new phone dude.

smartmazila
10-19-2012, 06:03 AM
it means your phone is a ipod/camera.the chip is corrupt.time to get a new phone dude.
ios 6 update solved this problem. in settings appears firmware and meid but after downgrade to 5.0.1 stills without BB and meid.
as I know, there is no commcenter patch for ios 6 right? I want to program this device to another carrier.

xTide
11-09-2012, 03:08 AM
Hi everyone,

I have an OLD Sprint plan that is too good and cheap to give up.
but Sprint wants me to "upgrade" to their more expensive plans and won't let me activate any of the new phones with this old plan.

So, i've been thinking about having a new phone use my old phone's MEID instead so that Sprint will be happy with it and think it is still an old phone.
I'd like an iPhone though.

So, is there any model iPhone that I am able to have the MEID changed or is there still no way yet?
I don't mind paying if needed- as long as it is reasonable.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible?
If so which model iPhone's would work for me and which iPhone software need to be on it?
And lastly, how would one go around to do this? (which software and how?)

Thank you for your help!

rich hathaway
11-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Hi everyone,

I have an OLD Sprint plan that is too good and cheap to give up.
but Sprint wants me to "upgrade" to their more expensive plans and won't let me activate any of the new phones with this old plan.

So, i've been thinking about having a new phone use my old phone's MEID instead so that Sprint will be happy with it and think it is still an old phone.
I'd like an iPhone though.

So, is there any model iPhone that I am able to have the MEID changed or is there still no way yet?
I don't mind paying if needed- as long as it is reasonable.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible?
If so which model iPhone's would work for me and which iPhone software need to be on it?
And lastly, how would one go around to do this? (which software and how?)

Thank you for your help!
do not solicite any illegal act in the forum,this is a felony and will get you banned.consider this your only warning,and go and read our forum rules,they are on the main page or in my sig.if you wish to discuss things like this get a premium membership and get out of the public eye.

i put this thread here just to show that we can write to the locked part of the nv on the iphone,not to help people break the law.

xTide
11-09-2012, 02:15 PM
do not solicite any illegal act in the forum,this is a felony and will get you banned.consider this your only warning,and go and read our forum rules,they are on the main page or in my sig.if you wish to discuss things like this get a premium membership and get out of the public eye.

i put this thread here just to show that we can write to the locked part of the nv on the iphone,not to help people break the law.

from what I have read it is disputable if there is anything illegal about changing the MEID to a different one as long as you own both MEID phones and they are not on at the same time.
Regardless, I am fine with paying for a premium membership if that will get me what I want- but I would prefer not to waste my money if there is nothing anyway that can be done.
Basically, I am asking if it is even possible to fully change the MEID of an iPhone- before joining premium to get the instructions on how to do it.
thanks.

rich hathaway
11-09-2012, 03:30 PM
well,you can argue legality all day long,but not here,it is not allowed to discuss cloning in open forum period. i can tell you this,the forum owners here were served cease and decist papers on this subject that is when/why we made a non public forum.

so i am pretty sure we wont be taking your or anyone elses word for what is legal and what is not,we prefer to get our legal advice from the horses mouth

but the simple answer to your question is no you wont just be given simple instructions on how to do it if you pay 20 bucks for a premium membership,there is instructions for other phones there,not this one at least for now.

whitey10tc
11-09-2012, 09:53 PM
The legality of it is simple it's a federal offense, and if you dig deep enough into your state code you'll find similar laws about changing the manufacturers identifying marks on anything, even a toaster to be illegal.
Anyway you really think the carrier is stupid enough not to know what device is really being used. Check out the wiki on radio fingerprinting.

The biggest issue I see with what you're wanting would/could be viewed as theft of service, or fraud against the carrier, because your legacy plan is not designed for that type of phone, so you're trying to go around it and cheat the carrier out of the new plan.

Also think of this way, and try a test, if it was legal why would it be so hard to find the info? Now the test, walk into your local authorized dealer, for cricket, Metro, Sprint, it doesn't matter, and ask them to c lon e your phone. Willing to bet that 4 out of 5 will say no, and that 1 out of 5 will charge an arm and a leg to do it.

whitey10tc
11-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Here's an example for Utah
Utah Code ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
pay close attention Par. 14.
Locally this is usually what cases get plea bargained too. And yes they really do prosecute for it and it's very easy to be caught. Every website, every app, program, ran on a phone the carrier can see. And Sprint is one that is flagging things like itunes app store, android market, etc for monitoring. It may take time for people to be caught but eventually they will. And effective the end of January 2013 things might change again on the federal front, and not for the better.

xTide
11-10-2012, 08:10 PM
well thanks for answering.
I did not mean to stir up a storm....
On a theoretical aspect- what you are saying is that even if a MEID was theoretically changed- the carrier can still easily tell?
If so then why does such a concept exist- why would anyone have their MEID changed if it was pointless?

On a side note- every other non-CDMA carrier allows you to switch to any phone you want simply by changing the SIM card.
It is just Sprint that wants to blackmail people into paying more even though they are not giving any more "service" for it.
For example, the Blackberry 9630 (Tour) and the 9650 (Bold) are identical.
The only difference is double the memory, and a WiFi radio.
Yet by virtue of Sprint wanting people to pay more, they do not allow people to activate the 9650 on their network yet the 9630 is fine.
So I am paying for the minutes and the data regardless- what difference is it to them through which device I use it with?

And about that "test" you mentioned, the reason is because changing the MEID is mainly used so that stolen phones that are blacklisted can still be activated.
That I understand why it should not be allowed.
But if the phone is not stolen or anything else illegal, why shouldn't it be allowed?

elisa191
11-11-2012, 01:36 AM
On a theoretical aspect- what you are saying is that even if a MEID was theoretically changed- the carrier can still easily tell?
If so then why does such a concept exist- why would anyone have their MEID changed if it was pointless?

On a side note- every other non-CDMA carrier allows you to switch to any phone you want simply by changing the SIM card.
It is just Sprint that wants to blackmail people into paying more even though they are not giving any more "service" for it.
Yet by virtue of Sprint wanting people to pay more, they do not allow people to activate the 9650 on their network yet the 9630 is fine.
So I am paying for the minutes and the data regardless- what difference is it to them through which device I use it with?

And about that "test" you mentioned, the reason is because changing the MEID is mainly used so that stolen phones that are blacklisted can still be activated.
But if the phone is not stolen or anything else illegal, why shouldn't it be allowed?

Your about two years late

All this was debated on on all the forums and now its beating a dead horse. Why not use Google and look at all the old discussions on this rather then starting a new post on it?

I know I would appreciate it

elisa191

whitey10tc
11-11-2012, 02:32 AM

yes the carrier easily knows.
the concept, has legal applications, for those qualified to do a repair on a phone if needed.
if you haven't heard, even the gsm market is getting tight, but for example you unlock a at&t iPhone to work on T-Mobile, you don't change the imei. but with the new database if that at&t phone is black listed T-Mobile won't accept it.
if you have been with Sprint long enough to have a legacy plan, pay a visit to a Corp store, talk to the store director and ask nicely they keep the old plan with a new device. they may agree if you pay retail for the device. they'll be more flexible with a legacy customer in person.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

xTide
11-11-2012, 04:21 AM
if they easily know then why do people change ESNs?
do the carriers actually do anything about it or do they not care anymore?
Have you ever heard of them doing anything?

From what I've read- while "fingerprinting" is theoretically possible- it has more of a military application to it than a domestic one.

The law came in place because people were cloning phones and placing calls on other people's bills.
That is obviously not what we are dealing with nowadays...

Again, with me blacklisting is not the problem- both MEIDs are perfectly clean so if they do end up figuring out the old ESN they won't be thinking I have a stolen phone.
And I tried getting them to activate it, they said that the system just won't accept the phone's ESN unless I change my plan.

Meanwhile (before getting a new phone) I actually have both a blackberry 9630 and a 9650 to test this on....

rich hathaway
11-11-2012, 12:34 PM
to answer your questions "Have you ever heard of them doing anything?"
google has hundreds of articles about peeps getting busted for cloning
this was from '95
Cloned Phone Ring Caught In Feds' Web - New York Daily News ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

this is the a page showing diff types of cloning and mostly showing it is illegal and your reason for doing it is costing cell phone co's millions wich makes the cost for the rest of us go up.
Cell Phone Fraud | FCC.gov ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

"The law came in place because people were cloning phones and placing calls on other people's bills."
simply not true,its only 1 reason,the bigger reason is it is the same as an illegal wire tap,and that is big time illegal.
one number is called and more than one phone rings.i used to have an employee that cloned his wife's phone so every time it rang he could listen in on the call it worked flawlessly but was a felony and if caught it will get you federal time.is it worth that to possibly loose your freedom? ask anyone who has done time and they will tell you they would have given any amount of money to have there freedom back,let alone a few dollars a month for a cell phone bill.stop being cheap and pay your fricken bill all the effort you are wasting arguing your worthless point that you are to cheap to pay is amusing.

and last
"Again, with me blacklisting is not the problem- both MEIDs are perfectly clean so if they do end up figuring out the old ESN they won't be thinking I have a stolen phone."
the meids and esns are "owned" by the fcc not you,they are controlled and protected by the fcc and federal law bro.you might as well steal a cop car if you look you will see you will face about the same amount of incarceration time,only for the cloning you get fed time the cop car you get state time.

so enough complaining about the 10 or 20 bucks a month,work an extra hour at your job every month and keep your freedom why would you risk it.they can see every move you make and you do leave an electronic fingerprint on everything you do.i am sure you wont listen to anything we have said here

why not focus your efforts on something this community can benefit from like flashing or something useful?
but it is point less to discuss this subject and how you think it should be legal anymore.

THREAD CLOSED!