PDA

View Full Version : Alltel Flash

kdjfei
05-20-2012, 11:28 PM
I've scoured the internet for about a month now and I'm getting desperate. I'm with alltel. I got them to enter the ESN of the EVO into the database and activate the phone. Calls and SMS work perfectly. I have rooted the phone and have a custom sense-based rom. I still can't manage to get data functioning properly on the phone, not matter what settings I enter into the EPST menu or using QPST. When I attempt to use the phone's browser, I get the "Mobile Web Subscription" page prompting me to pay for internet usage. Is there something I'm missing? Would knowing the proper DSA Server URL help? Thanks.

whitey10tc
05-20-2012, 11:33 PM
Does it display the subscribe page when you try to goto [Only registered and activated users can see links] Do you have the 3g icon? And does alltel have data on the account?

kdjfei
05-20-2012, 11:36 PM
Yes, I get "Mobile Web Subscription To access the content you selected, you must sign up to be a Mobile Web Subscriber." I don't have 3g now, but I don't get data when I do. Yes, data has always worked flawlessly before switching to this phone.
Thanks for helping.

kdjfei
05-25-2012, 09:51 AM
Would I need to install an Alltel ROM on the phone?

whitey10tc
05-25-2012, 01:09 PM
You'll need to double check the EVDO setting and make sure those are correct (username and password). Using CDMA WS 3.5+ is the best but can be done with cdma ws 2.7 by editing the nv files correctly.
As for an Alltel ROM for the EVO 4G, I haven't seen one. But if you find one feel free to share it here.

kdjfei
05-25-2012, 02:57 PM
I'll try again. I guess I just haven't found the right set. Thanks.
I was told by an alltel rep that I should try a comparable alltel rom from their software site, which is severely lacking, hence why I am using a sprint phone. I don't know as much about this as i thought i did apparently.

eyeruleall
08-02-2012, 12:42 AM
I'll try again. I guess I just haven't found the right set. Thanks.
I was told by an alltel rep that I should try a comparable alltel rom from their software site, which is severely lacking, hence why I am using a sprint phone. I don't know as much about this as i thought i did apparently.

Did you ever get this sorted out? I'm having a similar issue with a Razr Maxx on Alltel. Talk/Text and 1x/3g are on solid, but I get the mobile web subscription page on everything that's going to [Only registered and activated users can see links]

I think it's just port 80. Gmail works, and I can pull up [Only registered and activated users can see links] websites, but nothing on http ports.

Any help would be appreciated.