PDA

View Full Version : injecting ipcc

rokit8
05-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Hi,
I need some clarification on injecting please.

Do I need to be running itunes 8.2 or is latest itunes ok?
When performing an injection, where and what gets modified? The carrier bundle?
I can go and edit plist file in carrier bundle on the iphone using ifile or i can do it on the computer, save and package the bundle as a zip then rename to ipcc and inject using itunes??

I have the latest itunes 10.6.1.7 on windows and a little older version on my mac. I enable carrier testing on both OS's. I do shift+update or option+update, select ipcc but don't see nothing happening. I look at my carrier bundle (sprint) and its not changed. I get a message in 'updating carrier settings" in itunes but no syncing nothing special...on the mac later i get a message that carrier updates, click to download and i click but nothing happens.

Help a fella out...trying to enable ota on sprint 4s to pageplus....

rich hathaway
05-12-2012, 11:48 AM
well your not being clear as to what you are doing exactly.ofr instance when you shift click update on yer pc are you then changing the window from ipsw to ipcc? then selecting your ipcc for injection? that is what you gotta do.

and no you cant just zip a bundle you made.it requires to be placed in a folder named Payload and needs a version file before zipping.

when you inject it only takes a second or two and will prolly seem like nothing happens,but if you get no error after you select yer ipcc and it injects then your ipcc injection was a success,that doesnt it will work,that just means as long as you have commcenter patched correctly it is what the phone is using now.whether it works or not depends on the values you built it with.

rokit8
05-14-2012, 05:22 PM
Yes i do change dropdown to ipcc in windows. Now when i do the inject, itunes makes the changes to the actual carrier.plist file in sprint_us bundle? or in the commcenter? how does iTunes determine which bundle to modify - name ipcc the bundle name such as sprint_us.ipcc??

If I don't see the changes in my carrier.plist file from my ipcc file then I'm doing something wrong?

If injecting is in fact changing carrier.plist then what is the point if it can be done locally with ifile? basically you can make changes to the bundle with an ipcc file?

Thanks for the clarification, trying to make sense here...