PDA

View Full Version : Need Help..Enabling CDMA Function on Iphone 4S GSM

vjdup
03-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Ive searched, googled, joined many sites, checked out the japanese hacker sites, the spanish sites and the chinese sites, to no avail.

Is there a published way to enable the CDMA radio in the AT&T branded iPhone4S?

Ive followed all the tuts on here for ViPhone 4, the commcenter patch, the tetherme app stuff and read and reread all of Richs postings, still cant get the CDMA radio enabled.

Can yous guys offer some hints, or a reason why it will never work?

Wrecked Johnson
03-09-2012, 03:14 PM
HAMMERTIME! Do you see an MEID? ESN? if not then no go :-)

vjdup
03-09-2012, 10:50 PM
Whats HAMMERTIME?
Anyways on the 4S, the MEID is the IMEI minus the last digit.

xklusiv
05-11-2012, 12:29 AM
Hi all,

I'm from Indonesia, I bought my Iphone 4s from Australia. It is Factory unlock GSM 4S.

In Indonesia, the GSM network is slower than the CDMA network. I would like to use my 4S GSM in my county's CDMA network. I bought 4S because i thought that it is a world phone.

my 4S is currently running ios 5.0.1 jailbreak using absinthe, baseband 1.0.13.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Regards.

xklusiv
05-11-2012, 12:54 AM
Whats HAMMERTIME?
Anyways on the 4S, the MEID is the IMEI minus the last digit.

hi, i'm having the same problem with you...trying to find ways to enable CDMA function on my GSM iphone 4s that i bought in australia.
if you have any infos, please share with me :)

what do u mean by MEID is the IMEI minus the last digit?
all i need to inject CDMA into the phone is the MEID isnt?

rich hathaway
05-11-2012, 08:14 AM
use the gevey chip.but not sure how will work going from gsm to cdma,since the race here is always going from cdma to gsm.but it is capable of doing what you want.

ADMIN EDIT:
i merged these 2 threads together,in the future guys please dont start more than one thread with the same topic,it just creates to much work for our staff,and waste's space.

Wrecked Johnson
05-11-2012, 12:11 PM
I am going to assume that this is not an option period, as the firmwares are different for GSM and CDMA

rich hathaway
05-11-2012, 10:30 PM
I am going to assume that this is not an option period, as the firmwares are different for GSM and CDMA

it is possible on the 4s but not the iphone 4, fairly simple for talk and text,for data a commcenter patch and correct ipcc for the carrier will be neccessary.

xklusiv
05-12-2012, 06:32 AM
it is possible on the 4s but not the iphone 4, fairly simple for talk and text,for data a commcenter patch and correct ipcc for the carrier will be neccessary.

are you sure its possible?

can you teach me how to do it? thanks

Wrecked Johnson
05-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Rich if anyone would know so I will say yah if he says so yes

xklusiv
05-14-2012, 09:44 AM
so..what do i have to do rich?

my local provider in my country has the means to inject cdma number to 4s cdma already.

BillA
05-25-2012, 02:27 AM
Hmmm Rich's "fairly simple for talk and text" comment is intriguing...
Not asking for a full solution but just a bit of a hint so we can stay up till 5am tinkering ;)
Oh and zeroing out the spc on the sprint 4S doesn't work like on the sprint 4, somthing(s) have changed...

BillA

acadiel
06-09-2012, 11:49 AM
The CDMA radio is fully functional in the unlocked GSM iPhone 4S. How do I know?

Well, I just purchased one from Apple and decided to mess around.

Without a SIM, try the * OTA codes for CDMA:

In this case, once I hit *22801, I got a "Welcome to Verizon Wireless". I think *22804 was Sprint.

Of course, this doesn't help because if you look in Settings->General->About on an unlocked iPhone 4S, you don't see a MEID, only a IMEI.

What's the difference between a CDMA iPhone 4S and a GSM one? The MEID is missing from the GSM versions. Also, although the IMEI and MEID are the same length, let's take a look at the prefix:

IMEIs are typically 01 for the prefix here in the US.

Mobile equipment identifier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

If you look at the IMEI or MEID of a CDMA iPhone 4S, you will see the IMEI and the MEID both are identical, and start with "99", which is the prefix specifically designed for dual technology (CDMA/GSM) phones.

So, we have two issues with an iPhone 4S (non CDMA version) on a CDMA carrier:

1) There is no "valid" MEID that shows up in Settings->About->MEID - i.e. it doesn't even show up on the menu!
2) Even if it did, it traditionally copies the IMEI of the phone, which has a 01 prefix. IMEI and MEIDs share the same namespace. A CDMA carrier would see the "01" prefix and go "Oh, that's a IMEI, not a MEID." They would have to be a prefix of "99" to work on their network correctly (or A0 or some other valid MEID prefix). Of course, if you set the IMEI to something like A0 or another valid MEID prefix that's NOT "99" you stand a chance of your GSM part not working, because "A0" is in the IMEI namespace.
3) If you note the Apple MEIDs on CDMA iPhone 4S'es, you notice that the IMEI and MEIDs on both are the *same*. IMEIs cannot be hexadecimal, so you will always note the MEID has only decimals numbers in it, no hex, unlike a traditional MEID, which may start with Hex >A.
4) Yes, I know that if you're an enterprising hacker, you can change the MEID to something different than the IMEI on a dual mode CDMA iPhone 4S. However, Apple's OOB models have both numbers being the *same*.

Thoughts?

acadiel
06-09-2012, 12:00 PM
2) Even if it did, it traditionally copies the IMEI of the phone, which has a 01 prefix. IMEI and MEIDs share the same namespace. A CDMA carrier would see the "01" prefix and go "Oh, that's a IMEI, not a MEID." They would have to be a prefix of "99" to work on their network correctly (or A0 or some other valid MEID prefix). Of course, if you set the IMEI to something like A0 or another valid MEID prefix that's NOT "99" you stand a chance of your GSM part not working, because "A0" is in the IMEI namespace.

"A0" is in the MEID namespace, not IMEI namespace. Correction.

marley183rd
06-10-2012, 10:49 AM

"A0" is in the MEID namespace, not IMEI namespace. Correction.

The only was i have activated cdma service on the 4s was by using the gevey ultra s and that was just something i just stumbled across trying to unlock a 4s.

iqemayahnyaecad
07-20-2012, 05:34 AM
so after using Gevey Ultra S on the sim tray we would able to inject number to use cdma function? i'm an indonesian as well, a lil bit confussed cos only verizon or sprint 4s that can be inject here on indonesia.

iqemayahnyaecad
07-22-2012, 05:11 PM
please respond, anyone?

rich hathaway
07-22-2012, 05:22 PM
so after using Gevey Ultra S on the sim tray we would able to inject number to use cdma function? i'm an indonesian as well, a lil bit confussed cos only verizon or sprint 4s that can be inject here on indonesia.

yes that is correct

iqemayahnyaecad
07-24-2012, 11:45 AM
OK thanks alot Rich, hopefully my Gevey Ultra S would come earlier..since GPP are so slow to grab any signal on GSM mode..

iqemayahnyaecad
08-02-2012, 09:02 AM
The only was i have activated cdma service on the 4s was by using the gevey ultra s and that was just something i just stumbled across trying to unlock a 4s.

my Ultra S cdma/gsm have arrived this morning, and it sure more quicker to grab gsm signal than using GPP..but how to switch the cdma radio? are there any way to activate the cdma without re-activate or restore from scratch?

regards'

iqemayahnyaecad
08-03-2012, 07:44 AM
please anyone know about this, Rich maybe?

Scuba
08-22-2012, 08:54 PM
Well From everything I have read you need Either a Sprint or Verizon Iphone 4S to be able to enable the GSM portion of the phone there is a program in cydia you can install...But I dont see how you can go from GSM to CDMA seeing how the AT&T Iphone 4S doesnt have an meid #.....

iqemayahnyaecad
09-06-2012, 01:23 PM
actually i forgot to mention, my case are maybe a lil bit different from xclusive on last page..
mine are 4s au KDDI, so it already are a CDMA 4s iphone. I purchase this 4s from a guy that use it on GSM phone using GPP..
so, any idea to use this cdma already and with other cdma operator? there's an MEID on my Setting > General > About though, but inject via OTA wont work..already tried em several times..

So, what should i do? would something from this link would help?
iDevCare - Fully Unlock CDMA iPhone 4S ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

regards'

rich hathaway
09-06-2012, 05:12 PM
use cdma gevey,it works fine.

iqemayahnyaecad
09-06-2012, 11:05 PM
as i have post before, mine have GPP&now ultra S (hybrid that support both GSM&CDMA iphone)..GSM are working just fine with it, but what if i'm trying to inject with another cdma number? what should i do? and i just dont get the point using Gevey ultra S to use the CDMA function.

regards'

iqemayahnyaecad
09-16-2012, 01:45 AM
is it a must to un-jailbreak with clean restore os 5.1.1, then reactivate to have the CDMA mode on my au KDDI 4s? so what the Gevey ultra S needed for? *unless for unlock the GSM function..

iqemayahnyaecad
09-18-2012, 03:06 AM
its not work, i restore with a clean 5.1.1 ipsw yesterday and after finish its go to activation screen and ask to insert a sim card to activate the phone. or else its just stuck there on activation screen..the status bar go from searching and change to No Sim..infact i left the simtray empty when doing the restore..any idea for switch the cdma to work?

regards'