PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Seek flashed from Sprint to Verizon

Ellias
05-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Hello all -

I had some questions as i'm new to all this and have just started learning about unlocking\flashing phones this week. Everything seems pretty scattered about this phone all over the internet so I figured I'd better post my questions and get them answered directly. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I hear you guys are some of the best.. Anyway, recently I've taken a friends Sprint Samsung Seek M350 and unlocked\flashed it to the Verizon network as a replacement phone for them. As I stated so far I have unlocked the phone, set the SPC to 000000, and added a recent Verizon PRL(58008).

Couple things here.. I have yet to add their specific information to the phone yet from the current one they have without a working screen as I see the phone is sitting in roaming. Is this normal? I do dial *611 and get Verizon but it does prompt me to accept roaming charges. Is there a way to fix this? Do roaming charges get incurred or is that just how it's connecting back? As well correct me if I'm wrong but if I connect to their current phone and copy\paste the NAM information over this will activate it correct?

Also for some reason after the excessive daily 6 hours of research on this for the past 4 days I feel like i'm missing something either through CDMA workshop or another process I should be performing. Is this PRL going to allow them to text as well as perform phone calls? I always see people mentioning .dll's so I do have a concern I should be adding something else or as I stated performing further steps. Lastly data.. Is that covered under the PRL too or another config step I should be taking?

Sorry for so many questions guys I just want to make sure I'm doing this all correctly. There's so much information to take in here while doing this. Thank you all very much in advance.

whitey10tc
05-10-2012, 03:18 PM
Hello all -

I had some questions as i'm new to all this and have just started learning about unlocking\flashing phones this week. Everything seems pretty scattered about this phone all over the internet so I figured I'd better post my questions and get them answered directly. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I hear you guys are some of the best.. Anyway, recently I've taken a friends Sprint Samsung Seek M350 and unlocked\flashed it to the Verizon network as a replacement phone for them. As I stated so far I have unlocked the phone, set the SPC to 000000, and added a recent Verizon PRL(58008).
You'll need to enter the nam info along with a few others.

Couple things here.. I have yet to add their specific information to the phone yet from the current one they have without a working screen as I see the phone is sitting in roaming. Is this normal? I do dial *611 and get Verizon but it does prompt me to accept roaming charges. Is there a way to fix this? Do roaming charges get incurred or is that just how it's connecting back? As well correct me if I'm wrong but if I connect to their current phone and copy\paste the NAM information over this will activate it correct? If it's connecting to VZW then no you wouldn't incur charges for *611, but you will need to have Verizon switch the ESN on the account to the new handset (if they're willing)

Also for some reason after the excessive daily 6 hours of research on this for the past 4 days I feel like i'm missing something either through CDMA workshop or another process I should be performing. Is this PRL going to allow them to text as well as perform phone calls? I always see people mentioning .dll's so I do have a concern I should be adding something else or as I stated performing further steps. Lastly data.. Is that covered under the PRL too or another config step I should be taking?

Sorry for so many questions guys I just want to make sure I'm doing this all correctly. There's so much information to take in here while doing this. Thank you all very much in advance.To best sum it up, start with the steps in the order listed. It'll save you time if you can't get past step 1.

Step 1) Verizon must accept the new (foreign) ESN and add it to the account
Step 2) Talk and text, with the ESN added to the account dial *22804 and it should auto populate the nam fields. If not you will need to manually write them.
Step 3) Data, you can copy the user profile info (username & passwords) from the old phone to write to the new phone.

Steps 2 & 3, will vary depending on what pst's you are using.

Ellias
05-10-2012, 03:34 PM
I heard it's a lot easier to get them to add it if you embellish a little bit and just say it's an altell phone. Thoughts?

whitey10tc
05-10-2012, 04:21 PM
I heard it's a lot easier to get them to add it if you embellish a little bit and just say it's an altell phone. Thoughts?I don't know if that still works, but in the past it did.

Wrecked Johnson
05-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Learned something new right there thanks for that bit of info