PDA

View Full Version : Sprint iPhone 4 Reset MSL to zeros and allows you to ota

ljm1715
04-26-2012, 11:28 AM
this will set your msl to zeros and allow you to OTA this isnt my source I dont know where it came from it was passed down to me I just edited it and threw it into an ipcc this will not change the prl .

this is what I usally do load ipcc then ota after phone is on account via *22804

follow dfs mms solution to learn how to load ipcc

also allows mms if fully flashed with dfs

**Non-working link removed**

amoamare
04-26-2012, 07:19 PM
ljm1715,
Not sure where you got it from, it looks like one of the packages I was working on. Yes this will reset your MSL and allow OTA. I left a few weeks ago before I could finish loading it to my cydia server. Either way this will help people activate there phone using *228. You must have a patched commcenter.

* NOT SAYING THIS IS MINE. Just saying it looks identical to one i'm working on and some people have tested either way it was going on my cydia server for cricket bundle.

vdub804
04-28-2012, 06:43 AM
this will set your msl to zeros and allow you to OTA this isnt my source I dont know where it came from it was passed down to me I just edited it and threw it into an ipcc this will not change the prl .

this is what I usally do load ipcc then ota after phone is on account via *22804

follow dfs mms solution to learn how to load ipcc

also allows mms if fully flashed with dfs

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

thanks for this it worked finally now I just need to replace the cricket logo with an ntelos one :eagerness:

superkefei
05-05-2012, 12:44 PM
first of all, that you the the solution, it did get sprint iphone 5.0.1 to work with *228 to page plus.

however, when i tried to get the data to work, i messed up the commcenter, so i had to upgrade to 5.1.

i was really stupid that i didn't have the shsh (not even on cydia). so i am stuck with 5.1

the problem is, when i repeat the same procedure for apply that ipcc (jailbreak, commcenter patch first then the ipcc), it updates the criket logo. but the *228 doesn't work, i assumed the msl was not resetted either.

if there any reason that this works on 5.0.1 but not 5.1?

sanjayjoshi
05-05-2012, 03:53 PM
Thanks worked perfectly on a Sprint ios 5.0.1, have another sprint ios 5.1, hope it works on that also. Will post results shortly.

superkefei
05-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Thanks worked perfectly on a Sprint ios 5.0.1, have another sprint ios 5.1, hope it works on that also. Will post results shortly.

can't wait to know your result. really want to know if it is the fact that this doesn't work with 5.1, or it is just me...

by the way, is there something to do with toggling the prl push flag? by fol

i remember i did it while dealing with the 5.0.1lowing some instruction, but not with the 5.1.

what does that prl push flag do?

sanjayjoshi
05-06-2012, 03:44 AM
^^^ Havent gotten around to try it out yet. Had messed up network settings on my phone, semi bricked now and am trying to restore now. Will keep u posted how it goes.
btw afaik the prlpushflag toggling is required if u want any changes in the prl and./or plist to be accepted.

lunainnova
05-13-2012, 02:37 AM
Im no ios expert but from what I have picked up is whenever there is a change in the .prl file or carrier files you toggle all the push flags to the on position, or if your using ifile toggle it on or if your using plist editor make it read true and reset the phone and its suppose to make the phone recognize the new settings or .prl file. its kind of like a wake up call for the phone to let it know about the changes in the carrier bundles and apply the new settings to where they need to go but as you may already know after the reboot with the push flag on dont forget to toggle them back off and reboot. I know this was kind of a stupid reply but im no developer its just from things I picked up here and there.

shadowmaker1001
09-29-2012, 05:56 PM
is the link dead? just takes me to filedropper home

Jhon Rambo
12-08-2012, 07:38 PM
the link does not work please fix it thanks

Discodisco209
12-14-2012, 11:16 PM
Does this Sprint OTA Fix work with all Carriers activating or Just cricket alone? Please fix the Link so i can try on these 5.1.1 sprint iphones just sitting around for MetroPCS

johnnyboy14981
02-03-2013, 07:09 PM
Can someone please fix the link. Thanks