PDA

View Full Version : Kyocera milano custom drivers here!

rich hathaway
04-12-2012, 11:56 AM
THIS PHONE IS NOW FLASHABLE FOR EVERYONE. I MADE DRIVERS FOR IT YESTERDAY AND AM POSTING THEM FOR EVERYONE HERE ALONG WITH THE SPC ADDRESS'S (IN THE NEXT POST) THAT ARE KNOWN SO FAR.

IF YOU FIND MORE SPC ADDY'S PLEASE THEM HERE IN THIS THREAD.

F.Y.I. THESE DRIVERS WERE SIMPLY MADE FROM MODDING SOME OF THE SANYO DRIVERS,SO IF THEY SAY SANYO ANDROID WHEN YOU INSTALL THEM DONT BE ALARMED THEY WILL GIVE THE DIAGNOSTIC SERIAL PORT THAT WILL WORK WITH THE MILANO.ENJOY!
JUST POINT YER PC AT THEM WHEN IT FAILS TO INSTALL AND YOU WILL BE GOLDEN...
[HIDE-THANKS][Only registered and activated users can see links][/HIDE-THANKS]

OmarTatted
04-29-2012, 11:19 AM
when i try to install it says the system cannot find the file specified.

rich hathaway
04-29-2012, 05:52 PM
when i try to install it says the system cannot find the file specified.

that is an error with the file itself,even if u have 64 bit like yer pm said your sys should still recognise the file then error out because its a 32/86 bit driver.
if i can find time this week i will throw up a 64 bit driver

GnatGoSplat
09-21-2013, 04:33 AM
When I try to install this, it says it needs syusbser.sys which isn't anywhere on my computer.
Is there a prerequisite driver I need to install first to get that file?

rich hathaway
09-21-2013, 09:42 AM
here is that driver,it is your pc's error not my drivers,anyway try to put that file in the same folder as the milano drivers and that should fix it,but also to eliminate errors in the future also put that driver into C/windows/system32/drivers

[hide-thanks][Only registered and activated users can see links][/hide-thanks]

GnatGoSplat
09-21-2013, 08:06 PM
Thanks, that file did install properly, but where would that file normally come from if PC didn't have an error? It's a Qualcomm file, doesn't seem to come with any stock Windows install (XP or 7).

I'm still having a problem with my phone though. It's not actually a Milano, but a Kona dumb phone that uses the same KC02US drivers as Milano so that made me think maybe your driver could work. It's got the same problem as the official KC02US drivers though. The modem gets a Code 10 in XP SP3 32-bit no matter whether I use your driver or KC02US drivers. I guess it's the phone, because I tried Win8 x64 using KC02US x64 drivers and still Code 10 in that environment. I did have the phone in ##DIAG# DM mode. I would really like to use QPST to pull out some info from the phone, but having no luck getting around that Code 10. The KC02US serial port itself has no errors though, it's just the modem. Any ideas?

rich hathaway
09-21-2013, 08:24 PM
they are diag not modem drivers,there is a difference,are you trying to communicate thru the modem port?

GnatGoSplat
09-22-2013, 01:01 AM
I'm not really sure what I'm doing, hahah.
What I've got is actually 3 devices. When no drivers are installed, they are all identified as "KYOCERA USB MODEM".
After installing the official Kyocera drivers, I have 3 devices:
KYOCERA USB Composite Device KC02US - VID_0482&PID_05DA&MI_02
KYOCERA USB KC02US Serial Port (COM28) - VID_0482&PID_05DA&MI_00
KYOCERA USB KC02US Modem - VID_0482&PID_05DA&MI_01

The first 2 are working, except the last device, the modem, has a Code 10 and yellow exclamation. QPST finds the port, COM28, as a valid port, but shows no phone connected to it. I thought maybe QPST goes through the COM port to communicate with the modem, so I thought I'd try using your driver in place of the modem because it's the one that doesn't work. I changed VID & PID to match the modem, but it also shows up with a yellow exclamation. Maybe I should replace one of the other devices with it?

rich hathaway
09-22-2013, 11:27 AM
ok i am still not sure what u are trying to do,besides load a readable modem port.so here is what you do.

here are the unpacked drivers for your modem you will need to point your device manager to the .inf files to force the drivers,so go down the list one by one until you get it to load,in the device type use "modem" only dont select anything else.

here is the program description/map for the msi for them,which i have included for you.

i outlined the part of interest for your modem
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
[hide-thanks][Only registered and activated users can see links]
[/hide-thanks]

GnatGoSplat
09-22-2013, 11:45 AM
Thanks, but I already have those exact files in those folders. The problem was that all drivers would load, but modem would be Code 10 with yellow exclamation.
I don't know how this worked, but I tried changing your .inf file so that your driver could be loaded for all 3 of the devices. Of course, that didn't work, so I changed them back to the original KC02US drivers. Somehow, changing them to something invalid and then reloading the proper drivers made Code 10 go away. The modem no longer has Code 10, and going into Diagnostics tab and Query Modem works and shows successful AT commands in the little window. I still cannot get the phone to show up in QPST, DFS, or CDMAWS.

That's what I'm trying to do, get the phone to show up in QPST, DFS, or CDMAWS.
QPST sees a QC/DM port (the serial port), but when selected, shows "No ESN" and "No Phone".

rich hathaway
09-22-2013, 11:52 AM
well you do not need modem then,you only need diag port.
i do not have a kona to help you with so you are on your own.
but for read/write use diagnostic port.

rich hathaway
09-22-2013, 12:04 PM
also i forgot to mention for you to check that the portmap is not set to null,if it is you will only be able to connect to the port but not read or write from it.

GnatGoSplat
09-22-2013, 12:09 PM
Yeah, I guess that's the problem, there's apparently no diagnostic port. When I do ##3424# and enter MSL, I get into a menu that says DM or OFF. I select DM, then OK, and phone reboots, but no new device/port appears.
I'm not remembering a portmap setting, where would I find it?

rich hathaway
09-22-2013, 02:19 PM
well being its a feature phone i would think in the data or debug menu. you dont get a diag port? i thought you said you did.why dont you plug the phone and take a ss of your device manager and post it here

GnatGoSplat
09-22-2013, 07:51 PM
No diag port, just the 3 devices I mentioned before.

Out of luck maybe? I thought putting the phone in DM mode is enough, but I don't see a debug menu and nothing in the data menu except turning data on/off, Net Guard, and Update Data Profile.

rich hathaway
09-22-2013, 08:31 PM
well com 4 is what you want it is the diag port,the debug menu would be ##33284# not sure if you meant you tried that already or not.
let me ask u this,did you force the drivers for the com 4 port thats showing or did they load on there own?

GnatGoSplat
09-22-2013, 08:53 PM
Yeah, it's COM4, was COM28 before, but CDMAWS didn't go up that high so I changed it. Manually selecting COM4 in CDMAWS doesn't work, it just goes through different baud rates when I try to connect until I cancel it. It does show up automatically in QPST, but says "No Phone" and "No ESN". The debug menu asks for a 6-digit access code which is not the MSL, 000000, or 111111. Someone on Google said you can find the access code via KPST. I just found a copy of that and will see if I can do anything with it.

rich hathaway
09-22-2013, 11:22 PM
kyocera has a generic code to get into that menu,i cant remember what it is,i have it at work.i will post it tomorrow for you.what carrier is your phone and do you have the spc already?

GnatGoSplat
09-22-2013, 11:36 PM
It's a Virgin phone, but I figured out the code, it's SPRINT (777468). Unfortunately, there's just these options:
1X Engineering
Configuration
Bluetooth
Data Status
Memory

All just display info and don't accept any input or toggle any settings.
I think ##3424# that displays a menu with options DM and OFF is probably the DM mode I'm looking for. When in that menu, DM is always selected by default and when I press the key corresponding to OK or even if I press BACK, the phone reboots. At first, I wondered if the reboot means it's rebooting into DM mode, but since DM is selected by default even if I previously chose the OFF option, I'm starting to think the reboot means DM mode is disabled in firmware.

rich hathaway
09-22-2013, 11:53 PM
most virgin phones also require an adjustment in the ##port# menu but you will need the spc for that.

dalvjin
01-02-2014, 11:05 PM
thank you for sharing

tdbone1
03-09-2014, 01:10 AM
i have kyeocera Hydro C5170 on rooted android 4.0.0
running windows 7 64bit
tried the 64bit drivers here and also latest from kyeocera
i get error 20 in device manager for the "KYOCERA USB Modem"
driver not installed
where do i pick the driver and which driver do i pick?

i also am wanting to get into DFS/cdma workshop and QPST
i can enable / disable DM mode in ##DIAG# but i have no ##PORT# or *#9090# or *#0011#

how are we to go about doing this?
i heard on the sprint version there is pull down menu and you select usb modem.
do i need to enable a hidden menu somewhere in /
thanks

i manually picked the driver and i too get error code 10