PDA

View Full Version : Troubleshooting non OTA iPhone 4 4.2.6-5.0.1

cellfonepimp
03-30-2012, 12:16 PM
Ok since I cant flash OTA I've been troubleshooting reasons why. Only conclusion I have come up with is maybe a VZW tower nearby is getting a way stronger signal then ever before. Local carrier Revol Wireless

Steps and methods taken:

Old (Diskaid,iFunbox,any) to change boolean and change prl then OTA and nothing.
New simple method, iFile method to ssh and change boolean, load new prl and nothing.

OTA still picks up either VZW or Sprint. Took it to another area to do OTA and nothing.

Using Rleditor I pulled the new PRL that I loaded (4.2.6 the easy one) and opened my carriers prl they both match, so I know the new prl I injected is in fact loaded into the iPhone.

Restored phones to new status, copied file system from flashed phone to new (Just to see) and even commcenter patch (messed up signal for me) still had to try it.

Side note increasingly more often than usual I am having difficulties even flashing Sprint to Pageplus and doing an ESN change, the phone is not registering like its supposed to. This has been going on for the past 6 months. With a new activation flashed phone works fine, not on esn change though. Just wondering if that is my problem as well. (VZW super tower?) Im very close to downtown Cleveland, just a thought.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

smartmazila
04-01-2012, 02:31 AM
Hi, follow this post: about commcenter patch by Rich ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) I'll try to explain my tests with adding IMSI (MCC, MNC, MSIN) to iPhone 4 cdma.

cellfonepimp
04-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Hi, follow this post: about commcenter patch by Rich ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) I'll try to explain my tests with adding IMSI (MCC, MNC, MSIN) to iPhone 4 cdma.
Isn t the cc patch just for web and mms? Ill take another look at it though.

smartmazila
04-03-2012, 05:00 PM
As I know commcenter patch stops (bypasses) checking signatures (signed files or not) and you can edit both parameters: NAM settings & MMS+WEB
maybe advanced members will confirm this info.

cellfonepimp
04-03-2012, 06:56 PM
gonna give this a try right now and Ill post the results here.

update:

Just tried this (applied 4.2.6 patch, injected new prl, did the push flag) didnt work either. The only place Ive seen for carrier bundle increment was in the eri, I changed from 9.5 to 9.6

Is that the correct place?

smartmazila
04-04-2012, 12:37 AM
& reboot.
I tryed both of them: changed pri version on carrier.pri at first, rebooted & no changes. then edited in carrier.plist but I lost network and receiver shows No Service. updated in both files and signal came back.
I think, neccessary condition is that carrier.plist must see and use eited (modified) carrier.pri thats our problem.
I cnt understand, is it mandatory in XXX_carrier.bundle to exist carrier.pri file?

I paid $100 & programmed NAM with DFS. text + talk is working. tomorrow will try EVDO ;)

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

cellfonepimp
04-05-2012, 05:54 PM
I see you gave up smartzilla? Thats disappointing, two heads are better than one.

2 things just happened, unfortunately customer took back the viPhone with 4.2.6 I was working on (still no results) but I cant test no more. The second weird thing is, I had to restore a siPhone to 5.1, did the usual ssh stuff with the cc patch and walah! Its flashed!!! Its tethered but it still flashed. The easier one didnt flash, the supposed hard one did.

smartmazila
04-07-2012, 11:47 AM
at first, thanks to DFS group. phone works well. I see they worked hard on software.

after programming with this soft, looks like nothing is changed. there is no new carrier bundle, existing bundles (and included fails) are not changed. seems soft patches commcenter. maybe I'm wrong but think that it needs correct patch for commcenter. I wont crack DFS :) it's for ppl who cant pay $100 and wonders what happened after programing NAM with DFS.

rich hathaway
04-07-2012, 01:28 PM
at first, thanks to DFS group. phone works well. I see they worked hard on software.

after programming with this soft, looks like nothing is changed. there is no new carrier bundle, existing bundles (and included fails) are not changed. seems soft patches commcenter. maybe I'm wrong but think that it needs correct patch for commcenter. I wont crack DFS :) it's for ppl who cant pay $100 and wonders what happened after programing NAM with DFS.

the patch is 100% working,there is no such thing as a soft patch.the problem is either you are not telling the phone you have updated its bundle (via increasing bundle version) or the bundle is being injected into the phone.this bundle does work,also you may need to adjust the cellular network data tab and change the mmsc to " mycricket" for the parrt that has verizon or sprint in there leave the rest alone.

smartmazila
04-07-2012, 03:15 PM
sorry for my English, maybe I wrote wrong. I think that soft (DFS) patches commcenter with right patch cause after programing with dfs there not appeared any new bundle & not changed any carrier.pri files.

by update the bundle you mean increase version by 1 in version.plist?

<dict>
<key>BuildVersion</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
<string>12.0.0</string> ???
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>12.0</string> ???
<key>ProjectName</key>
<string>CarrierBundles</string>
<key>SourceVersion</key>
<string>4970000</string>
</dict>