PDA

View Full Version : DFS flashed Iphone MMS Solution

ljm1715
03-22-2012, 10:16 PM
here is the mms fix

go to cydia add the source
v.backspace.jp/repo (thanks to rich for this)
install comm center patch
wait until it installs
enable carrier testing in itunes (google enable carrier settings itunes windows)
download this ipcc I made
[Only registered and activated users can see links]!download|676p6|2794974508|Zeppelin_US_iPhone.ipc c|9
on itunes click update while holding the shift button
choose iphone/ipad carrier conf........
choose the us_zeppelin.bundle.ipcc
it will update carrier settings
go to general then about if it took it will say Cricket12.1
that fixes mms.....
give thanks when thanks is do

whitey10tc
03-22-2012, 10:23 PM
Your link is showing invalid, please re-upload.

ljm1715
03-22-2012, 10:25 PM
the link is fixed

chizzy500
03-23-2012, 12:49 AM
how do i create an ipcc fie for my carrier thans

smartmazila
03-23-2012, 07:26 AM
hi, can You explain please what "DFS-flashed" mean?
As I know DFS software cant connect to Iphone and cant change any parameters like IMSI, MNC, MCC.

manjilt
03-24-2012, 01:02 AM
how much does the flash for 3g cost??

motley28
03-24-2012, 01:18 PM
So this MMS fix only works on iphones that have been DFS flashed?

ljm1715
03-24-2012, 01:39 PM
So this MMS fix only works on iphones that have been DFS flashed?

You got it.... DFS flashed only

yanky1586
03-24-2012, 01:50 PM
What u mean by DFS flashed???

Is flashing iphone now possible in dfs. ???

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

mannyhector
03-24-2012, 05:14 PM
here is the mms fix

go to cydia add the source
v.backspace.jp/repo (thanks to rich for this)
install comm center patch
wait until it installs
enable carrier testing in itunes (google enable carrier settings itunes windows)
download this ipcc I made
[Only registered and activated users can see links]!download|676p6|2794974508|Zeppelin_US_iPhone.ipc c|9
on itunes click update while holding the shift button
choose iphone/ipad carrier conf........
choose the us_zeppelin.bundle.ipcc
it will update carrier settings
go to general then about if it took it will say Cricket12.1
that fixes mms.....
give thanks when thanks is do

Do you have an ipcc for metro pcs?

mannyhector
03-24-2012, 05:17 PM
yes yanky its now available. theres a video with proof.

manjilt
03-24-2012, 05:38 PM
how much the dfs cost?? To get 3g

motley28
03-25-2012, 01:27 PM
if im not mistaken 100 bucks unless you buy bigger packages

roketteere
03-26-2012, 11:57 AM
yeah they pretty much are charging you for creating a virtual com port for you iPhone.

You have to be rooted and have openSSH installed.

then you must connect to the same wifi or network that your computer is on.

they must shared the same sub.

Then you have to make sure it never sleeps.

There might be a few other steps that i can remember of the top of my head.

But anyways thats all that they are really charging you for.

Trust me there are a bunch of people working on trying to get it working.

You can connect it to workshop if you have the right virtual port created, i obviously don't have it so don't ask lol.

But one problem is that you can connect and read with WS but there is a problem trying to write back to it.

Well as soon as I hear anymore I will let people know on my site. They can repost here or whatever it doesn't matter.

Well anyways later guys

=Spider_Man=

webslinger=============>>

amoamare
03-26-2012, 12:38 PM
That's not true, they do not just create a virtual serial port. There is a lot of other things that happen in between the port getting created.

chewdog316
03-26-2012, 10:27 PM
Hey Amoamare, what happend to the other page with your videos and all that great info on it?

whitey10tc
03-26-2012, 10:29 PM
ou can find that page by clicking the home tab (it was promoted to an article) or browsing the cricket iphone forum.

lexcell
03-29-2012, 10:40 PM
My carrier IPCC file wont take in the phone. Still showing VZW. MMS not working. I need troubleshooting. CommCenter patch installed successfully. Any suggestions anyone? I need to fix this MMS so I can move on to something else. Thanks in advance.

vjdup
03-29-2012, 11:34 PM
My carrier IPCC file wont take in the phone. Still showing VZW. MMS not working. I need troubleshooting. CommCenter patch installed successfully. Any suggestions anyone? I need to fix this MMS so I can move on to something else. Thanks in advance.
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

amoamare
03-30-2012, 01:47 AM
LexCell, Contact me via PM. I have a repo you can use ;)

chewdog316
03-31-2012, 05:02 PM
So, I just bought the DFS solution. Ran it. Added the phone to Cricket. Programmed phone. And all I have is talk and text.
Amoamere or anyone, can you please help me a bit. I messed around a bit with maualling adding PRL and it never works. I always have to OTA and re-programm with that PRL. Which is always 35510.
What am I doing wrong. Amoamere your experience gave you everything when you ran the DFS or did you have to do more?

whitey10tc
03-31-2012, 05:12 PM
So, I just bought the DFS solution. Ran it. Added the phone to Cricket. Programmed phone. And all I have is talk and text.
Amoamere or anyone, can you please help me a bit. I messed around a bit with maualling adding PRL and it never works. I always have to OTA and re-programm with that PRL. Which is always 35510.
What am I doing wrong. Amoamere your experience gave you everything when you ran the DFS or did you have to do more?I would say contact cdmatool for support, if you paid for the flash and it's not working they should offer the support after all you paid them.

But on another note, you are at the best place to get an answer so be patient.

ydiddy
03-31-2012, 05:30 PM
will this mms flash work for metro pcs?

chewdog316
03-31-2012, 06:00 PM
I would say contact cdmatool for support, if you paid for the flash and it's not working they should offer the support after all you paid them.

But on another note, you are at the best place to get an answer so be patient.

Contacted the DFS fellows in the Ukraine. Really nice, but hard to communicate with.
Anyways, he modified some stuff and updated the phone to get DATA (web) working, but MMS still doesnt work.
Any suggestions?
As far as working for MetroPCS, it is unconfirmed.

chewdog316
03-31-2012, 06:15 PM
Contacted the DFS fellows in the Ukraine. Really nice, but hard to communicate with.
Anyways, he modified some stuff and updated the phone to get DATA (web) working, but MMS still doesnt work.
Any suggestions?
As far as working for MetroPCS, it is unconfirmed.

Just wanted to add that FaceTime doesnt work either.

amoamare
03-31-2012, 10:33 PM
Facetime does work, place them in your phones as user iPhone. It will say activiation waiting blah blah. But face time will still work.

chewdog316
04-01-2012, 01:39 AM
Facetime does work, place them in your phones as user iPhone. It will say activiation waiting blah blah. But face time will still work.

Oh, well that is good news. Can you clarify though, what does "place them in your phones as user Iphone" mean.
Also, while your at it, do you know why my outgoing MMS does not work. I can recieve at least. Everything else seems to run great.
Thank you for your help Amoamare.

lexcell
04-01-2012, 03:39 PM
Oh, well that is good news. Can you clarify though, what does "place them in your phones as user Iphone" mean.
Also, while your at it, do you know why my outgoing MMS does not work. I can recieve at least. Everything else seems to run great.
Thank you for your help Amoamare.

Well even the most inexperienced flasher knows every phone that gets data needs to have credentials configured. That small "basically just put it", is the WHOLE issue of data working or not. Don't sound like an idiot or ignorant and downplay someones work if you have no idea why and what for. That simple assignment he wrote to your phone is the difference in your data working and what many of us techs have been trying to do to this phone for the past year.

rich hathaway
04-01-2012, 03:50 PM

chewdog316
04-01-2012, 10:23 PM
Well even the most inexperienced flasher knows every phone that gets data needs to have credentials configured. That small "basically just put it", is the WHOLE issue of data working or not. Don't sound like an idiot or ignorant and downplay someones work if you have no idea why and what for. That simple assignment he wrote to your phone is the difference in your data working and what many of us techs have been trying to do to this phone for the past year.

Sorry to offend you.

Thanks Rich for the information. I guess the whole purpose of my postings was that "out of the box" the DFS solution did not work. I had to connect with one of the Tech's and he actually did all the extra work.

Can anyway clarify the Facetime thing?

Thanks again for the info.

snaCK
04-02-2012, 08:56 AM
I was able to get FaceTime to activate by modifying carrier.plist to look like this.

key>PhoneNumberRegistrationGatewayAddress</key> <string>+011447537410207</string>

Of course, commenter must be patched first. If FaceTime activates correctly, you will receive a text back from that number above that will look something like this

REG-RESP?v=3;r=223c990a;n=+1XXXXXXX;s=024F727328FFFFFF FFAD1F6C1DD2552BFADA083E5D2AAADDD9A902E805

I can confirm 3G, MMS, FaceTime on nTelos wireless

tigran80
04-03-2012, 09:25 AM
Sorry to offend you.

Thanks Rich for the information. I guess the whole purpose of my postings was that "out of the box" the DFS solution did not work. I had to connect with one of the Tech's and he actually did all the extra work.

Can anyway clarify the Facetime thing?

Thanks again for the info.

guys, DFS providing solution for reprogramming iPhone 4. And this solution is working.There is user manual about how to use DFS, how to connect iphone to DFS.
Everything else should know user. Or, if no, they have support for remote programming.
I do not think they have to provide programming settings for each provider from all over the world, or teach what is NAM, or teach that for internet MIP/SIP settings are required .......

I want to confirm that I got text, talk and 3G (1.6-1.8 Mbs) internet on Cricket. Could not get MMS. May be I did something wrong, or it wont work in my area.

smartmazila
04-03-2012, 11:53 AM
it works only on Cricket or we can manually enter IMSI, MCC, MNC?
As I know, old DFS tool changes all parameters including ESN. there was one problem, device must be connected with serial COM port. iphone can't connect as serial port but as we can see, new wersion of DFS makes manual port for iphone. seems we shold have some money (min $100) on account to complete NAM programming.
is it true what I explained or I'm wrong?

tigran80
04-03-2012, 02:09 PM
it works only on Cricket or we can manually enter IMSI, MCC, MNC?
As I know, old DFS tool changes all parameters including ESN. there was one problem, device must be connected with serial COM port. iphone can't connect as serial port but as we can see, new wersion of DFS makes manual port for iphone. seems we shold have some money (min $100) on account to complete NAM programming.
is it true what I explained or I'm wrong?

DFS is programming tool and allow you to program iphone on any network if you know settings for it.
DFS has many solutions for ESN repair, but not for iphone.
In order to reprogram iphone you have to have 100 usd balance on you account.

smartmazila
04-03-2012, 02:25 PM
And how do you guarantee success? maybe something goes wrong, what do you do then?

tigran80
04-03-2012, 03:30 PM
And how do you guarantee success? maybe something goes wrong, what do you do then?

nothing can go wrong by itself!

read forums, see that people trust and using it with pleasure.

smartmazila
04-03-2012, 04:31 PM
ok, thank you. it's expensive for me but I respect this tool cause in demo mode it seems very convinient.

P.S. I'm Georgian & I like your nick :) it looks like Armenian name.
I've Armenian friends :)

roketteere
04-03-2012, 06:05 PM
OK i have flashed 3 iPhones using DFS with 3G on MetroPCS. I am in Miami so the market here gets 3G.

Now the only thing I am missing is MMS. I was wondering if you would be able to make a MetroPCS ipcc?

Thanks

chewdog316
04-04-2012, 09:17 AM
I was told by the DFS technician that the MMS fix as well as the Facetime adjustment will be avaliable "within days". Now from Ukrainians I dont know what that means, but I hope it is literally within days. Anyhow anyone who purchased the DFS tool will receive the update / help for free. Also, if you didnt know you get the Lite version of DFS for free with purchase of the solution.

smartmazila
04-04-2012, 04:14 PM
I wonder, if I buy access for 1 device for $100 and after days something goes wrong ex.: factory reset, can I use old access or should buy new one?

answer: DFS stores your MEID and you can unlimited play with your device.

I paid $100 & programmed NAM with DFS. text + talk is working. tomorrow will try EVDO ;)

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

chrisngrod
04-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Thank you everyone for their contributions. I was able to get talk, text, data, but the IPCC doesn't seem to stick unfortunately.

No mms at this time.

rich hathaway
04-07-2012, 12:03 PM
chris increase your bundle version by 1,your phone wont notice your changes unles you do,also you must have cc patch installed then reboot.

kylepatrick
04-07-2012, 12:24 PM
CRICKET DFS users, those who have gotten 3G data working are you on the $45 or $55 plan?

Thanks,
Kyle

tigran80
04-07-2012, 10:45 PM
CRICKET DFS users, those who have gotten 3G data working are you on the $45 or $55 plan?

Thanks,
Kyle

I am using 55 monthly plan.

rich hathaway
04-08-2012, 12:58 AM
dfs does not support writing proxy to iphone.what that means is you can only "direct connect" to cricket when you use the dfs flash,and the only plan cricket has that does not use a proxy is the 55 dollar (60z) plan.

kylepatrick
04-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Thanks, I'm on the 45 plan, would explain why with the seemingly right settings I am getting a 3G icon, and the an error when it tries the network. It won't let me upgrade via web, I need to call and have them change my device it seems.

Thanks guys for the info :)

Kyle.

chrisngrod
04-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Thank you Rich. I did a few things including this and eventually it all worked out.

ljm1715
04-08-2012, 03:26 PM
a proxy can be used you just need to add a proxy.pac directing to crickets proxy and edit the preferences.plist to point to the file google 5.99 tzones hack for more info .......

Christian.McCoy
04-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Hello,
I recently flashed my iphone 4 (sprint) with DFS. I have everything but MMS working, everytime I recieve a picture message I get the message " Cricket is not participating in this event at this time" this shouldn't be because I am on the android all in 55 a month plan. Has anyone had the issue and if so know a solution? I used the MMS solution posted in the DFS tutorial, via ISCC.

Thanks

Ricky Rock
04-13-2012, 07:23 PM

Christian.McCoy
04-14-2012, 05:54 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows if this solution works with sprint iphones as well and not just Verizon

tigran80
04-14-2012, 05:55 PM
this solution not even working with all verizon iphones.

t-rav
04-14-2012, 11:33 PM
I have had the simple talk and text flash since july, but want to get the full flash. should i update my firmware from 4.2.8 to 5.0.1 or 5.1? then i go to cdmatool and buy the $100 package and they will do the rest? then follow the steps for mms from this thread? any info would be helpful!

I am a mechanical engineering student this technical stuff with computers tends to go over my head at the speed of sound haha

tigran80
04-14-2012, 11:43 PM
you cannot go to 5.0.1 you need to go to 5.1 which is not possible to jailbreak.
stay on yours and jailbreak it.
replace prl, make sure it has successfully changed. then switch to 55 monthly plan.
make purchase, download DFS and reprogram your phone.

t-rav
04-14-2012, 11:46 PM
Perfect thank you! I have it jailbroken I just wasnt sure about the update or if i needed to change anything before doing it.
I will give it a try i think... $100 is a lot of money for a broke college kid tho.. haha

t-rav
04-15-2012, 04:51 AM

rich hathaway
04-15-2012, 10:42 AM

thats alot questions...4.3.3 is a gsm firm and wont work on your phone.look for my stickied commcenter post in the iphone forum go to that repo and it will select the proper patch and apply it for you.from there you may mod carrier bundles.

the pass u need is cricket the nai and uid you are correct.set 2 profiles profile 0 and 1,make profile 1 active and write it.

sportyloc107
04-17-2012, 12:54 PM
i have all the correct setting in the tabs with the dfs software and yet im still not getting data to work..even had a dfs agent connect to my laptop via teamviewer and make sure i had the correct settings and yet still no data..im on the 55 dollar andriod plan.. yet i still cant figure out what it is...

t-rav
04-17-2012, 11:42 PM
im in the same boat.. i have tried again and again but cant get data to work... any suggestions? i was gonna reset to default hoping it would fix it but cant restore to 4.2.8 cuz error 3194 which is supposed to be the signitures apple isnt giving for that firmware from what i read..

sportyloc107
04-18-2012, 03:04 AM
any help..anybody figure this out yet??? looks like im just ou of $100 at the moment..

rich hathaway
04-18-2012, 09:26 AM
are u flashing the sprint or the verizon one?

sportyloc107
04-18-2012, 01:09 PM
im flashing the verizon one...on 5.0.1 talk and text is working fine..and i now have a 3g icon on top of the phone but still no data service

t-rav
04-26-2012, 09:27 PM
Still dont have data service either. i have tried and tried again but DFS flash hasnt worked for me thus far.. anything i should try doing?

tigran80
04-26-2012, 09:39 PM
pm me, i will connect to your pc see what is wrong.

Ricky Rock
04-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Anyone have any idea as to what exactly needs to be edited in this IPCC file to make it work for MetroPCS? I've been trying be have had no luck... My 3G etc is working, just need that MMS..

jrtran
05-16-2012, 09:36 PM
One thing or another. I got mms and web working on iphone running 5.1 but it won't show 3G. If i load this bundle, is 3G gonna show? And btw my iphone flashed to metro and 3G covered in my area.

tinobarko
05-23-2012, 03:05 AM
how you can get 3g after activation i did program the settings with dfs but no 3g...........still waiting to add the meid to metropcs befor houdini will be terminiated this year.............

tinobarko
05-23-2012, 03:09 AM
the problem is the dfs do only setting nam,data.and ip but will not help you with mms setting for now i dont see anybody listed the slution only avialable for cricket users.

tinobarko
05-24-2012, 04:40 PM
metropcs dosnt have 3g service,,,,,,,,,,even you try *228 will update the prl...........

kasper187
05-31-2012, 07:08 PM
hey it only lets me save the file not download and when i go into itunes hold down shift and click update it does not show?

madmac
09-18-2012, 05:23 PM
What about getting iMessage and faceTime to activate. I have the iphone fully working on Cricket but no iMessage and no FaceTime just saying waiting to activate and waiting and waiting then fails. Any insight? Chris? AMO? Rich? help a brother out. I am not a noob either. Just my first iPhone.

alealeale
09-26-2012, 03:23 AM
hi...anybody please could refer me a tutorial to flash my iphone 4 cdma version 5.1.1. modem firmware 3.0.04 verizon. i need to flash it to cricket....i have it already jail broken and cydia installed.....thanks...

rich hathaway
09-26-2012, 07:53 AM
iPhone/iPad CDMA Tool ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) will get it done full flash for you.

tigran80
09-26-2012, 09:18 AM
go to website and download tutorials ho flash .

Download CDMA Tool DFS software. ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

bawanyh
10-04-2012, 06:37 PM
does any1 have cricket ipcc file for sprint i-phone 4 that is not been flashed with dfs tool?

Thanks

tigran80
10-04-2012, 09:42 PM
try this. this is cricket ippc

Thecode
11-06-2012, 12:36 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I'm going to give this a try and see if i can get my mms working.

Thecode
11-07-2012, 07:03 PM
I have itunes 10.7.0.021 and i can't get the carrier settings to enable. I've even tried installing itunes 8.2 and i still can't get it to work. Any ideas guys? Can it be done with itunes 10?

tigran80
11-07-2012, 10:50 PM
what iOS version you have on your iphone?

rich hathaway
11-07-2012, 11:37 PM
I have itunes 10.7.0.021 and i can't get the carrier settings to enable. I've even tried installing itunes 8.2 and i still can't get it to work. Any ideas guys? Can it be done with itunes 10?
you need to unlock your itunes for carrier injection(the latest version), you must have your commcenter patched correctly and your phone must be activated via ota or saved activation ticket from redsn0w.

Thecode
11-08-2012, 01:17 AM
what iOS version you have on your iphone?
I have ios 5.1.1

Thecode
11-08-2012, 01:24 AM
you need to unlock your itunes for carrier injection(the latest version), you must have your commcenter patched correctly and your phone must be activated via ota or saved activation ticket from redsn0w.
I got itunes to go into carrier mode about 10 min after i made the post. Lol. I now have working MMS and no issues with anything. Thanks for the reply Rich.

tameronbirdpony
11-09-2012, 05:24 PM
How do you get imessage and FaceTime to work?

Thecode
11-10-2012, 02:43 AM
How do you get imessage and FaceTime to work?

In your contacts where you enter the persons number, it will give you options to save it as there mobile, home, iphone, ect. select iphone and see if that makes a difference.

rich hathaway
11-10-2012, 09:52 AM
load my bundle,it fixes facetime and imessage,also it enables manual programming via [##777] and enables ota on the sprint phones as well as mms and video msg for the carriers that allow it. but you can only get it through the tool at iPhone/iPad CDMA Tool (iOS4.x-iOS6.x) ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

tameronbirdpony
11-11-2012, 02:24 PM
In your contacts where you enter the persons number, it will give you options to save it as there mobile, home, iphone, ect. select iphone and see if that makes a difference.

I've tried that before it made no difference. It still gets stuck at waiting for activation.

tameronbirdpony
11-11-2012, 02:26 PM
load my bundle,it fixes facetime and imessage,also it enables manual programming via [##777] and enables ota on the sprint phones as well as mms and video msg for the carriers that allow it. but you can only get it through the tool at iPhone/iPad CDMA Tool (iOS4.x-iOS6.x) ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Alright I'll see.

tameronbirdpony
11-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Alright I'll see.
I already got it fully flashed. All that doesn't work is imessage and FaceTime. Doesn't seem smart to pay 75 just for imessage and FaceTime.

tameronbirdpony
11-12-2012, 05:07 AM

See how that doesn't make sense. Is there any other way to get imessage and FaceTime without spending 75 more

rich hathaway
11-12-2012, 11:12 AM
dude stop bumping your post,it is against forum rules,just wait for someone to answer you.
i am sorry you choose to spend less money and get the dfs flash,all i can say is you get what you pay for,sounds like buyers remorse to me.lol.
dfs sells talk-text-web solutions.that is it.my tool is a complete solution,yes it is more expensive but there is a reason for that.you are finding that out.

tameronbirdpony
11-12-2012, 10:01 PM
dude stop bumping your post,it is against forum rules,just wait for someone to answer you.
i am sorry you choose to spend less money and get the dfs flash,all i can say is you get what you pay for,sounds like buyers remorse to me.lol.
dfs sells talk-text-web solutions.that is it.my tool is a complete solution,yes it is more expensive but there is a reason for that.you are finding that out.

Sorry I accidentally posted. It said it didn't post one time so I tried but it just kept making more. I didn't know the less expensive ways didn't have imessage and FaceTime fixed.

rich hathaway
11-12-2012, 11:28 PM
its ok,were glad your here,we just all gotta follow the forums rules :)

Silvertigre2012
12-22-2012, 11:12 PM
Does anybody knows if there a comm center patch for 6.0.1, i tried to install but did not worked, I guess it does only on 5.1.1/less.

rich hathaway
12-23-2012, 01:36 AM
use my guide here

or use my tool it will do it for you automatically iPhone/iPad CDMA Tool (iOS4.x-iOS6.x) ([Only registered and activated users can see links])