PDA

View Full Version : Flash to cricket Sprint iPhone 4 deleted files...help

thinkloko`
03-19-2012, 02:57 PM
Hello,

I am new to the forum, I will thank you all in advanced for your help.
I have an iphone 4 originally from sprint has a bad esn I tried to flash it to cricket replaced the .prl file with a cricket one i found here on the site I believe. I also replaced/modified the carrier.plist file.Now this is where things went wrong I had backed up both files but someone deleted them from my desktop.The carrier.plist on the spring phone right now is a verizon one.I dont know where to get sprint files to replace the ones that got deleted.The phone doesn't say sprint next to the signal bars anymore and when i turn it on it says it's not activated when i press *#3005*4357# it doesn't show me the .prl that i loaded, when i press *22804 it sends me to sprint.I have only flashed one phone before I know im problably missing some steps.Can someone please help me?.

thank you

rich hathaway
03-19-2012, 08:55 PM
if your phone is on 5.1 then just restore it,if its not you might wanna tell us where it is so someone can post the correct stock carrier file for you.

thinkloko`
03-20-2012, 12:10 AM
thank you for your prompt reply, it is on 5.1 I restored it and it shows signal bars but it still says Iphone is not activated contact your carrier if this problem continues. I would like to know where I can get the proper steps and files to flash it from Sprint to cricket. I have read I need to modify the carrier.plist and load the cricket prl.I can only seem to find verizon files to download thats how I replaced and lost the original sprint ones.Can anyone please guide me in the right direction

thank you

rokit8
03-20-2012, 01:39 AM
here's carrier.plist from sprint 4s 5.01
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

If you restored to 5.1, you should have a clean carrier.plist, just load prl using rich's prl post and you'll be connecting to cricket. But its pretty useless cause in order to activate, you need to first reset spc to 0s otherwise ota will fail.

What settings are you modifying in carrier.plist?

With above steps (assuming you 0'd out spc), you'll have call and txt. In order to get mms & internet, you have to modify mv settings. To do that, you have to patch commcenter then do some of rich's magic. Rich is doing it all locally on the iphone somehow, maybe with IDA for iphone???

Let us know of your progress....

thinkloko`
03-20-2012, 08:29 AM
The only thing I changed was the pushflag true/false as it said on some of the guides I read.I haven't messed with the spc as I hadn't read anything about it in any of the tutorials I have come across.I will have to look around how to reset the spc on an iphone 4.Also the link you posted doesn't seem to be working.

Thank you for your help

thinkloko`
03-21-2012, 01:00 AM
I added the repo [Only registered and activated users can see links] and tried installing carrier bundle cricket and commcenter patch 5.0.1 it says its partially installed.How can I make it work correctly? Also after it works will changing the pushflag on the carrier list and load the cricket prl make it work? and can I get a working link to a sprint 5.x carrier plist

thank you

rokit8
03-21-2012, 01:04 AM
sorry about that. Try this link [Only registered and activated users can see links] Were you able to load prl and connect to cricket? Let me know what you find out about resetting the spc. thanks

thinkloko`
03-21-2012, 01:57 AM
I read these two threads:

also saw some stuff on google on people manually changing commcenter settings to receive other carrier plists and something about signed I was at work when I read it

I installed the repo on the second post but it partially installed don't know how to go from there...

Uguessedit
08-07-2012, 04:57 AM
im working on the same phone and a few similar issues myself. I have a Sprint phoe that is brand new and not activated and after jailbreaking i was able to take and copy the files from that phone and apply to mine. Carrier went blank in settings. logo says Sprint and 3G suddenly started working without any service activated and God knows how that couldve happened. I have spoofed my way theyre some how and no actual service at this point so i was planning on bringing it into Sprint and seeing what happens. BTW the new phone purchased was a previous verizon phone that Sprint reflashed/refurbished and sold to my girlfriend for $49.00