PDA

View Full Version : Diagnostic Mode via Bluetooth

melonberry
02-28-2012, 09:47 PM
So I broke my USB port on my HTC EVO 4G, but I need to get into my phone to update my settings to get my 3g working.

I've been trying to connect Diagnostic Mode (##3424#) to QPST via bluetooth, but no luck

So far, I can create a bluetooth connection to my windows 7 box, and associate it to a com port that is visible in QPST, but that's about it.

QPST does not recognize the phone being in Diagnostic Mode via bluetooth.

Do i need to install a specific driver? or is there a bluetooth diagnostic mode? Any ideas would help.

Thank you in advance.

amoamare
02-28-2012, 09:54 PM
You usually can not do diag through bluetooth. 1 reason is because QPST set's mode offline and reads back build information. When you offline the device it usually will turn off all radios, WIFI, Bluetooth, or place them in a mode to be serviced. Some older phones allowed it but most newer phones will disable bluetooth as well.

whitey10tc
02-29-2012, 04:54 AM
Not going to work on an evo, amos right.

melonberry
02-29-2012, 06:28 PM
Ok, thanks guys for the quick reply. I will try and figure out how to solder the USB port back on the board instead.

Scuba
02-29-2012, 09:37 PM
Good luck Melonberry...Its not an easy task for sure...the contact points are below the port..Best way I found is heat up the actual connector and put in on the board real quick but straight.A hot air machine would do the job alot better im sure.