PDA

View Full Version : iOS 5.0.1 CommCenter

amoamare
02-27-2012, 01:59 PM
Add Repo
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Install the commcenter patch for iOS 5.0.1.
DO NOT INSTALL THE BUNDLE IT DOES NOT WORK FOR 5.0.1

This will patched you commcenter to accept unsigned bundles.

IF YOU HAVE A SPRINT PHONE AND WANT TO RESET THE MSL TO 0'S
Look at the old 4.2.7 or 4.2.6 Bundle from Verizon, you will see at the bottom something about security with the scripts for MSL, COPY THAT AND PASTE IT IN YOUR BUNDLE. After a reboot you will have all 0's for your MSL. YOu can then activate the phone on cricket.

Also you need to increment your bundle version by 1

Passwords are in HEX so cricket would be 637269636B6574

I will add more including how to read from CDMWS i0S 5 does not seem to write passwords this way so thats the last thing needs to be figured out is getting the phone to write the password to the nv.

chizzy500
02-29-2012, 05:24 AM
Add Repo

Install the commcenter patch for iOS 5.0.1.
DO NOT INSTALL THE BUNDLE IT DOES NOT WORK FOR 5.0.1

This will patched you commcenter to accept unsigned bundles.

IF YOU HAVE A SPRINT PHONE AND WANT TO RESET THE MSL TO 0'S
Look at the old 4.2.7 or 4.2.6 Bundle from Verizon, you will see at the bottom something about security with the scripts for MSL, COPY THAT AND PASTE IT IN YOUR BUNDLE. After a reboot you will have all 0's for your MSL. YOu can then activate the phone on cricket.

Also you need to increment your bundle version by 1

Passwords are in HEX so cricket would be 637269636B6574

I will add more including how to read from CDMWS i0S 5 does not seem to write passwords this way so thats the last thing needs to be figured out is getting the phone to write the password to the nv.

thanks bro you are a life saver.....just curious can this be used to program the viphone for those without ota provisioning in there area ? i have installed the patch already and rebooted am about to put my mcc ,mdn, and other stuffs just wondering if its possible. or do i need to create a bundle thanks man

rich hathaway
02-29-2012, 10:13 AM
you need a bundle

chizzy500
02-29-2012, 01:06 PM
is there a procedure to do that (create a bundle)or can i just edit one that has already been created like just editing the plist thx.

pigbenis12
03-04-2012, 11:57 PM
There's 1 thing I don't fully understand, or maybe a couple... But, what do you mean by increment bundle number by 1?

Also, I may not be ready between the lines, but does this help for those phones that can not be activated (on a different network) via OTA?

rich hathaway
03-05-2012, 07:28 PM
thanks bro you are a life saver.....just curious can this be used to program the viphone for those without ota provisioning in there area ? i have installed the patch already and rebooted am about to put my mcc ,mdn, and other stuffs just wondering if its possible. or do i need to create a bundle thanks man

fair warning chizzy,adding scripts is VERY dangerous to iphone. i personally have bricked over a dozen iphones to the point they will not ever restore again just from adding simple scripts.

so proceed at your own risk.

pigbenis12
03-05-2012, 10:54 PM
What do you mean adding a script?

rich hathaway
03-06-2012, 10:18 AM
What do you mean adding a script?

the script about security that the op mentioned,only he called it msl,he was mistaken, the script calls it spc,just to be clear.

and btw,nice name..lol.

chizzy500
03-06-2012, 02:09 PM
fair warning chizzy,adding scripts is VERY dangerous to iphone. i personally have bricked over a dozen iphones to the point they will not ever restore again just from adding simple scripts.

so proceed at your own risk.

i dont even knw hw to make a bundle dat works yet... and u have refused to give me a hint.. as for bricking the iphone am not bothered about if it works it works...thanks for the warning please i would be eternally grateful if u give me hint on making a proper bundle and let me worry about bricking d viphone which is almost useless to me...thx

pigbenis12
03-06-2012, 02:17 PM
the script about security that the op mentioned,only he called it msl,he was mistaken, the script calls it spc,just to be clear.

and btw,nice name..lol.
Ah ok, gotcha.

I'm still really digging into what can be done about phones that can't be activated OTA on a different network, but it seems that this is as far as it'll go for now. Either way, thanks for all!

lexcell
03-08-2012, 05:06 AM
Good work gents. Amazing, Rich have you decided on releasing your solution or what not?

dellio
03-08-2012, 07:52 PM
So this commcenter 5.0.1 patch will work on sprint 4s 5.0.1, carrier sprint 11.3 modem 1.0.13?

This patch should allow me to load a cricket prl but because of no way to bypass signatures, we are not able to edit eri yet?

With sprint 4s, why would i want to reset msl to 0's? its not necessary on verizon iPhone? What about the msl script for the sprint 4s to reset msl, its not making sense to me…

Waiting for tinypwn, we should be able to make our custom ipsw with commcenter patches and all...

Thanks

rich hathaway
03-08-2012, 11:03 PM
i did not make this patch but i believe it is a patch for ip4 not 4s,i posted a patch for 4s 5.0.1 elsewhere in the forum.but you dont need it to write a prl to the phone,you just need it to do about anything else to it though.
to answer the second part of your question the sprint spc is not set to 0's its random,its not needed with the verizon iphone because by default it is already set to 0's and for ota to work with cricket you will need spc set to 000000

also tinypwn from what i understand has kinda been put on hold i am sorry to say.

dellio
03-11-2012, 11:40 AM
looking for the old 4.2.7 or 4.2.6 bundle from verizon. amoamare says that its a script for spc and this script should reset spc to 0s. Is there a manual way of doing it? i agree with rich about scripts and bricking.

thanks

smartmazila
03-22-2012, 09:20 PM
hi all,

I already broke 7 nights to find any solution but cant found any :(
my iphone 4 cdma is gift from my best friend who lives in US. I live in Georgia (not US) an working at cdma carrier. I activated my pESN (MEID) and added right carrier.prl. after that it can access our emergency call but changing carrier.pri is useless :(
now I trying to install VMWARE (for second virtual MAC OS) and signed up as apple developer, downloaded XCODE for creating signed bundle, cause I know all nesessary parameters (MCC, MNC, IMSI_s) to activate this beautiful device :) how do you think, is it possible this way?

Azzadeen
04-07-2012, 03:45 PM
hi all,

I already broke 7 nights to find any solution but cant found any :(
my iphone 4 cdma is gift from my best friend who lives in US. I live in Georgia (not US) an working at cdma carrier. I activated my pESN (MEID) and added right carrier.prl. after that it can access our emergency call but changing carrier.pri is useless :(
now I trying to install VMWARE (for second virtual MAC OS) and signed up as apple developer, downloaded XCODE for creating signed bundle, cause I know all nesessary parameters (MCC, MNC, IMSI_s) to activate this beautiful device :) how do you think, is it possible this way?

I don't think so. If it was verizon, it should work with the prl. If sprint, you must reset spc first to 0'z.

smartmazila
04-07-2012, 07:37 PM
this problem is solved by programing NAM with DFS cdmatool.

Azzadeen
04-08-2012, 09:17 AM
this problem is solved by programing NAM with DFS cdmatool.

DFS cdmatool not supporting iphone 4s

majrul
04-08-2012, 05:00 PM
But if carrier.pri cannot be edited, how come dfs tool is able to modify the network settings on phone. What trick is dfs tool adopting which we don't know?

smartmazila
04-13-2012, 04:02 AM
that's why it costs $100 :(