PDA

View Full Version : [HOW TO - Tutorial] Samsung replenish flash to cricket guide

rich hathaway
02-22-2012, 01:21 PM
replenish solution is posted below. there is more than one way to flash this phone,but this is how i do it using the "no-proxy" method

[hide-thanks]
first dial ##8778# then press send using the onscreen keyboard,this will redirect you to the phone utility's screen. select usb and return to the home page.

then go to settings->applications->development->usb debugging and check it to on

then plug your phone in to pc and let drivers load,if you need drivers they are posted in the forum,if someone needs them and cant find them request them here and i or someone else will post them here.

now this guide is going to be for cdma workshop paid versions,I am using 3.7.0 on this particular pc,so open ws select the samsung diagnostic port and connect then read and read again from the bottom (3.7.0 version and up) go to the security tab on the top and select it then you will passwords on the right select the top field in that box scroll to samsung default select it then select send it will unlock the phone and your spc will show on the right,go to the right where spc is and select spc then select send after that click ok to the box that appears,then back to spc and select write 000000 that will change the spc to 0's making it able to work with ota programming if you need it to.

then go to the tab "other" then prl section, select write navigate to your prl u are using select it ,it will write.

then select nam on the top make sure it is set to nam 1 from there open the sid box and change home sid to your local sid,whatever it may be, use google if you dont know it is city specific. close the sid box

go to dir number and put your 10 digit phone number in there then to min and put your min from your cricket acct in there.you can get it from custy serv if you dont know it.

make sure the check in the "lock" box is unchecked and press write.

boom-badda-bing your phone is flashed and will now work talk and text after you pull the battery and reboot

now for data

go to the evdo tab and for all the fields on the right under ppp authentication write this

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

only use your 10 digit phone number instead of the 0's
and on the right for the pass's set them to

cricket

set mip beh. to simple only

then for those of you with the newer versions of ws open the mip profiles
and
set user profiles to 2 active 1 and on check it as active,make sure profile 0 is unchecked as active,then for profile 1 for the nai and t nai again put

and the shared secrets set to

cricket

(for older versions of workshop you will have to use qpst to write the mip profiles to the phone)

check the red X on the top right of the mip profile to close that dialogue box and then
click write,close workshop pull the battery on phone make sure data roaming is on for voice and data in the phone and that 3g is turned on and you will have full 3g

for mms i use my apk it is for sale,but you may try go sms or one of the other free apps out there im not sure if they work for this one because i dont use them.

now to fix video and utube

back to the dialer and dial ##3282# the input your spc it should now be 000000
the go to others then multimedia write both proxy address's to 0.0.0.0 and both port addy's to 0 then press the little arrow softkey that is kinda a curved arrow and keep pressing it until you return to the home menu and your utube is now working

[/hide-thanks]
hope this helps,if it does donate to the forum...

genecide619
05-22-2012, 04:33 PM
this guide was easy to follow and worked, well talk and text. found some solutions for internet. I do see the 3g icon on phone but i am on $35 talk/txt/web plan so need to add $55 android plan to make sure everything works....also found some mms solutions but again. I will check if it works and post solutions here. thanks again to rich hathaway....u the best

gadgetdaddy
11-03-2012, 01:38 AM
Does anyone have the drivers for the Replenish? I have tried a few and still can not get the phone to read in CDMA WS paid. I see the serial port, hit connect. It says it connects. Then I go to read and it errors. I then try to send the MSL and try read and get the same result.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edit:
I forgot to mention that I do not see th modem port and get an device driver prompt.
I'm on 32bit windows XP pro.
I forgot to also mention that I send the 16 digit password and get the same result.

rich hathaway
11-03-2012, 08:55 AM
your phone must be set to "usb" in the ##8778# hidden menu or you will not be able to communicate with your phone.if you are on it already switch it from uart then back to usb again,it is likley not a driver issue if you see the diag port,unless you manually installed the wrong driver.you might also check the ##debug# menu in case someone has turned dial up networking off,if i remember right it is in the "other" tab in that debug menu.however you will need the spc to get into that menu,if it has been flashed before your spc should be set to 000000 already so try that.good luck